_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Reference for BARC (larc 60)
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 04:41 AM UTC
Hi!

I want to make all (!) the allied amphibious vehicles of WWII, and I really want to make the mother of all amphibious vehicles. I really want to make 1:35 scale model of the BARC (or the larc60)! But I need some more reference pictures first ,or linedrawings, or plans, or something else that will assist me in the building process.

Is there anybody out there in the internet who can help me with some reference pictures of the BARC?

Please help!

-kB
redcobra04
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 07:58 AM UTC
Try yhis Web site. www.amphibiousvehicle.net /barcspecial /barc.html. Lots of pics. Orerloon Museum in the Netherlands has 1 on display. Thats a big machine, Ther are other links to pictures in the text, Interior shots also., Good luck, Andy
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 08:10 PM UTC

An ambitious project (good on ya) .
Anyways, the Jane's Military Vehicles and Ground Support Equipment 1984 book has a 1/152nd scale side view drawing plus all the specifications.
PM me if you need a copy.

Roger.
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 07, 2008 - 11:50 PM UTC
Hi Kjell

Just type Larc-XL 60 ton on the search engine and you will get a lot of information and pictures but no scale drawings.

I have been thinking of scratch building this in 1/35 for a few years now. The only thing that I have a hard time with is how to make the tyres. I have no lathe or milling machines.

Is it all possible to keep me posted on your progress or if you do a blog on it or we can exchange information and pictures on it. You can reach me at mech-ralph at hotmail.com change the at to @.

Best regards,

Ralph
fpromeo04
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 05:32 AM UTC
I don't know if this will be helpful but it's a cool picture. It's the LARC-LX 55 out of Ft. Story, Virginia. I was the Chief Engineer on this watercraft from 1980-1983. If you have any questions let me know, and keep me posted on your progress if possible.
Thank you
Frank Romeo
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 08:24 AM UTC
That was I nice picture of the beast frank! I would give a quite large stack of cash to drive one of the larc's. Do you know if there is one still operable? It would be a nice lawn ornament I think!

I have a ton of questions about this craft! I have bought a operators manual for the Larc LX 20 from ebay. it was worth the 20$, I now know how to start and how to drive the full scale larc out into the sea, but I still need more pictures of the smaller details to make a scale larc.

So far I have modelled the wheel in a 3d software, next step is to find a cnc machine to make the rims and the mould to make the rubber wheels in. Since the craft will be 55cm by 25cm in 1:35 scale, I wondered if I should try to make it with fully driveable with RC? Ok I know what most of you are thinking, I am mad when it comes to modelling. I love to make insane scale models. One of my projects is a scale racing boat in 1:3 scale.....

Next to do is to make a 3d modell the drive shaft (or what to call it) to go to a cnc machine (if I'm making it driveable with RC, as I told you..... Mad.....)

I'll keep posting my progress
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 10:23 PM UTC
Hi Kjell

Can you post pictures of your progress?
I'm very interested in scrach building it but not in rc.

Regards,

Ralph
zollikon
Visit this Community
Switzerland
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hello,
I would be very Intrestet for The book about plans and diferent views of the Larc 60 tons.
Please tell me what are your costs or expenses for the sending.
Thanks
Edgar Jeuch
Rotfluhstr. 22
8702 Zollikon
Switzerland
[email protected]
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 09:47 AM UTC
Kjell and other BARC interested people. Next sunday I will be visiting the Overloon Museum because of the militracks and Twenot event. And I will have the opportunity to make a good walkaround of the vehicle. I have visited it some years back when the Marshall Museum was annexed with the existing war and resistance museum of Overloon and it was the first time I saw that beast. Pretty impressive.
I'm going tomake walkarounds anyway that day as there are 20 to 25 restored German vehicles there (all runners) and I can take a Walkaround of the BARC as well... No problems
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 12:32 AM UTC
Hi Robert

Please I would like a copy of your pictures walkaround of the BARC-60.

You can reach me at mech-ralph at hotmail.com change the at to @.

Thank you,

Ralph
cholop
Visit this Community
Aargau, Switzerland
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 06:45 AM UTC
Hallo Larc 60 Modellbuilder
Since days I am searching drawigns of the monster amphibious, but I found a lot of describcions about Larc.
Wo furnisched those drawings to resine modell sellers?
I want to build a Larc 60 after DUKW 3 Ft long, Landignboat LC3, Swampboat, all RC
My adress in case...
Edgar Jeuch
Rotfluhstrasse 22
8702 Zollikon
Switzerland
[email protected]
Fax +41 44 3915077
cholop
Visit this Community
Aargau, Switzerland
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 - 02:29 AM UTC
I am searching Plans Amphibien Larc 60 tons. Wo has detail drawings for the monster?
I am a scratsch modellbuilder. I finished the DUKW 1 m long RC and LC 3 Landingboat.
Thank you for help
Edgar Jeuch
Rotflustr. 22
8702 Zollikon
Switzerland
[email protected] [email protected]
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2011 - 07:20 PM UTC
I have never seen a detail drawing of the Barc/Larc60, but I do have a service manual of the craft. I found mine at ebay (just search for larc 60 at ebay). Other than that I have some walkaround pictures taken by diffrent helpers around the world.
 _GOTOTOP