_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
1,000,000 posts!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 12:37 PM UTC
We recently passed the 1 million forum post mark for our forums. While we have probably had another 50,000 posts that have been purged (non-modeling topics) it's still a nice record to reach.

What do you think about our forums? They have been around for 7 years now and while we have made many changes, I am sure we could still improve them. For one many of our forums on Armorama are currently lacking host-moderators. We are looking for hosts to fill this imporant role of monitoring new topics and providing help to members both technical and informational.

Thanks,
Jim
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 01:44 PM UTC
Congratulations Jim. That is a big milestone to reach. Congratulations and big thank you to the Armorama staff that works in the spotlight and behind the scenes to make this great site happen.

It has been really enjoyable to come here over the years as the site has grown and developed. It is amazing to see how much it has changed since I joined in 2002.
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 11:02 PM UTC
I logged in on the 18th and by chance, the post count was on 999,996. I waited a few minutes before posting in the spare parts forum the 1,000,000th post (I watched it tick over after I clicked). Yea I know, a bit childish but I can now proudly claim that I posted the millionth post on the Kitmaker Network!

Seriously, well done Kitmaker and congratulations to all the staff who make it possible.

Chas
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 02:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I logged in on the 18th and by chance, the post count was on 999,996. I waited a few minutes before posting in the spare parts forum the 1,000,000th post (I watched it tick over after I clicked). Yea I know, a bit childish but I can now proudly claim that I posted the millionth post on the Kitmaker Network!

Seriously, well done Kitmaker and congratulations to all the staff who make it possible.

Chas

Chas,
It's great that you noted the approaching post number! Congrats on pushing our stats to a record level. Not to rain on your parade, but technically speaking (because again we have removed some off-topic posts) this was post # 1,000,000, a topic started by an aircraft builder. I had to look it up just out of curiosity. You can see the post numbers when you hover over the "Reply and Quote" button btw.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/121414&page=1

Cheers,
Jim
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 04:09 AM UTC
Congratulations Jim on the millionth mark! The site has morphed over the years but it gets better with each change !
Some sites are gone, others have stagnated and of course there are new additions that are filling various niches.
All along, Armorama/Kitmaker steadily growing and if not the largest, certainly one of the largest 'one stop shop' for modelers of all interests and skills.

Again, a hearty Congratulations to you and all your staff past and present!
Cheers,
Charles
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 - 07:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Chas

Chas,
It's great that you noted the approaching post number! Congrats on pushing our stats to a record level. Not to rain on your parade, but technically speaking (because again we have removed some off-topic posts) this was post # 1,000,000, a topic started by an aircraft builder. I had to look it up just out of curiosity. You can see the post numbers when you hover over the "Reply and Quote" button btw.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/121414&page=1

Cheers,
Jim

Haha, well would it be accurate to say that I posted the millionth 'acceptable' post. Or the millionth post discounting all the un-acceptable ones?? hehe.

Chas
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 02:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Haha, well would it be accurate to say that I posted the millionth 'acceptable' post. Or the millionth post discounting all the un-acceptable ones?? hehe.

Chas

It would be accurate to say you posted the 1 millionth 'cumulative' post.

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP