_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
The Philippines being a major US Ally
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 11:09 PM UTC
For SA80 fans, check this article out (recently amended after Operation Telic): http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/SA80.htm. Same article also mentions the AK's robustness/reliability (very good) and accuracy (poor), which supports the quote I made in my previous post.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, snipers usually work in pairs...One looks out, while the other stands by and fires...

Naalala ko tuloy nung nag 7-Man team training kme....^_^

Ang saya..

Dadapa, Gagapang...Tapos tinuruan kme ng signals ng ranger...

Wawa nmn tayo...Laging 2nd hand..Yung mga surplus lang ang atin....

Sana nga tlga ay may small arms r&d tayo sa Pinas...

Yah, snipers work in pairs, a sniper with a sniper rifle and a spotter ussually with AR and a binoculars.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For SA80 fans, check this article out (recently amended after Operation Telic): http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/SA80.htm. Same article also mentions the AK's robustness/reliability (very good) and accuracy (poor), which supports the quote I made in my previous post.

Nice link. Astig yung mga infos. Pero, aral muna ako. Darn! Bakit ang hirap ng mga binibigay ng La Salle! Aga-aga pa eh!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice link. Astig yung mga infos. Pero, aral muna ako. Darn! Bakit ang hirap ng mga binibigay ng La Salle! Aga-aga pa eh!

Then why are you posting at Armorama?

I hope that link (and its home page) would 'remove the mist' so to speak. The author of that article and the site is a scholar on machine guns, etc. In otherwords HE KNOWS HIS STUFF.

So, I hope everyone knows why I'm defending the M16 and clearing up some misconceptions.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, snipers usually work in pairs...One looks out, while the other stands by and fires...

Naalala ko tuloy nung nag 7-Man team training kme....^_^

Ang saya..

Dadapa, Gagapang...Tapos tinuruan kme ng signals ng ranger...

Wawa nmn tayo...Laging 2nd hand..Yung mga surplus lang ang atin....

Sana nga tlga ay may small arms r&d tayo sa Pinas...

Ok lang kung second hand ang weaponry natin. As long as gumagana. Additional to the sniper team: The spotter is in charge of surveying the area while the sniper clears his shot. Another thing, the spotter is the medium-short range version of the sniper. Sya ang bahala mag protect sa kanilang dalawa. Lastly, the spotter tells the sniper what to do. Mas mataas ang authority nya kaysa sniper.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 10:48 AM UTC
Yet another thread on the SA-80/L85 http://63.99.108.76/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004284.html
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 02:31 PM UTC
You'll never know what can you get in the Net. You find an article that says the AK is not so good & found mine that says it is good(forgot the link though. last time I went there was 1 1/2 yrs ago.). It is still very impressive considering the fact that it was designed 56 yrs ago. It's design was ahead of it's time that's why it's still here. I have read articles about the SA80 & yes the first release was like hell but as far as I know they have got rid of it's major flaw.I still don't know how the new version fares in the battlefield. Can anyone give me a link about reviews of the CURRENT/REVISED version? if so just post it here. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2003 - 12:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You'll never know what can you get in the Net. You find an article that says the AK is not so good & found mine that says it is good(forgot the link though. last time I went there was 1 1/2 yrs ago.). It is still very impressive considering the fact that it was designed 56 yrs ago. It's design was ahead of it's time that's why it's still here. I have read articles about the SA80 & yes the first release was like hell but as far as I know they have got rid of it's major flaw.I still don't know how the new version fares in the battlefield. Can anyone give me a link about reviews of the CURRENT/REVISED version? if so just post it here. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I just posted those links Fritz. Two in fact. Check them out. Sorry if I sounded too arrogant and mean awhile ago.

Re:links I posted, you can consider them as 'authoritative' considering that those who participated in the forum discussion as well as written the article are very knowledgeable on the weapons systems ("very knowledgeable" is an understatement). Many other online sources out there base their evaluation on "Counter Strike facts."

So far, here's a summary:

AK-47: Reliable/rugged, at the price of accuracy due to its larger round (7.62) and recoil, later versions of the Kalashnikov (AK-74, AK-101 [?]) are at par with NATO rifles after rechambering to 5.56mm, thus lower recoil, better accuracy

SA-80/L85: Initially, a big disappointment, latest versions are, reliability wise, at par with most 5.56mm rifles, accuracy good.
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 06:50 PM UTC
AAAHHHH!!! I've made contact w/ the British army & asked them if they will replace the SA80(Small Arms for 1980) & they answered back from the bottom of their hearts saying, "No we are not"........ & of course a small thank you note comes with it. I've seen the FN F2000. DAMN they better get that! I like everything about the gun. From looks to design, everything is fantastic!
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

AAAHHHH!!! I've made contact w/ the British army & asked them if they will replace the SA80(Small Arms for 1980) & they answered back from the bottom of their hearts saying, "No we are not"........ (snip)

That's because they had to spend oodles and oodles of British Pounds to fix the darn rifle. Now, the SA-80A2 is more reliable than before and at par with other 5.56mm assault rifles - like the M16/M4, AK-101 (or was it -74?), etc. etc.
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 12:27 PM UTC
AK-74 is different from AK-101. AK-74 is the 5.56mm version of the AK-47 that was made in 1974(hence, 74) while the AK-101 is their newest model w/ the sleek black stock & a sleek black design. Here, check this link http://world.guns.ru/assault/as00-e.htm
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 10:54 PM UTC
Yeah I know they're different. I just cannot recall which was the better 5.56mm calibre gun
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 06:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

AAAHHHH!!! I've made contact w/ the British army & asked them if they will replace the SA80(Small Arms for 1980) & they answered back from the bottom of their hearts saying, "No we are not"........ & of course a small thank you note comes with it. I've seen the FN F2000. DAMN they better get that! I like everything about the gun. From looks to design, everything is fantastic!

FN F2000? Astig yun! The same structure as a FN P90 but with an added scope! Ok pala yun eh. Pero ok rin ang OICW. 5.56mm x 30 rounds, Gren Launcher x 5 rounds, laser sight. Astig yun! May scope pa!
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 07:53 PM UTC
Anong OICW??? yun ba yung OICW nd ginagawa ng H&K?? kung yun iyon, sa tingin ko hindi na gaanong maganda iyon. May nabasa kasi akong review dati tungkol sa future weapons ng US army, nabanggit yung OICW doon. Ang sabi masyadong hi-tech na raw iyon na pag naubos yung baterya, eh magiging halos wala nang silbi yung baril na iyon kahit pa may grenade launcher . Sa tingin ko dapat nilang i-redesign yung baril para kahit maubusan ng baterya eh gagana pa rin nang maayos.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 08:44 PM UTC
OICW - Objective Infantry Combat Weapon (I think) = 20mm fragmentary grenade launcher in bullpup design, with the 5.56mm assault rifle component underneath it. Developed by H&K. If you run out of ammo, it's designed to club the enemy to death because it is just damn big.

One of the negative points I've heard about it is that it's too heavy and clumsy to carry. I dunno about the battery problem, though.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 12:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

OICW - Objective Infantry Combat Weapon (I think) = 20mm fragmentary grenade launcher in bullpup design, with the 5.56mm assault rifle component underneath it. Developed by H&K. If you run out of ammo, it's designed to club the enemy to death because it is just damn big.

One of the negative points I've heard about it is that it's too heavy and clumsy to carry. I dunno about the battery problem, though.

Panood nyo ba yung "Die Another Day"? OICW ba yung gamit nung parang North Korean Communist dun? (PINASABOG YUNG CHOPPER NI JAMES BOND...)

Yun yata yun eh....Tapos nakakainis yung mga North Koreans...Gaya-gaya ng design yung uniforms nila sa Germans..Lalo na sa mga officers..May parang Iron Cross din cla..(pero hnde cross, sun...)
Fritz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 05:50 PM UTC
Club the enemy to death.........just one of the few good things about the OICW. Here take a look. http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/military/images/oicw_soldier.jpg
BIIIGGGGG.....
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 07:14 PM UTC
It's pretty unconventional. Bulky...and I think infantrymen will have a difficult time with that thing...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Panood nyo ba yung "Die Another Day"? OICW ba yung gamit nung parang North Korean Communist dun? (PINASABOG YUNG CHOPPER NI JAMES BOND...)

Yun yata yun eh....Tapos nakakainis yung mga North Koreans...Gaya-gaya ng design yung uniforms nila sa Germans..Lalo na sa mga officers..May parang Iron Cross din cla..(pero hnde cross, sun...)

Naalala mo yung Ghost Recon? May OICW doon
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The OICW has a smaller version. It removes the bulky Gren Launch on top. It looks kinda like a PK-102 with a stock
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The OICW has a smaller version. It removes the bulky Gren Launch on top. It looks kinda like a PK-102 with a stock

That's not a "smaller version", but the assault rifle component of the XM29 aka OICW I was mentioned about in previous post.
 _GOTOTOP