_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Beware! Military Modeling magazine
User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
entire network: 476 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 01:27 AM UTC
Guys and Gals,

I have now seen that Military modeling have tricked me on 50 £. I payed with credit card for about 5 weeks ago, and I haven't got my magazine. I have sent them about 1 letter, each week to them, that I haven't got my magazine, and they do not answer!

I warn you, these people are not to trust. Just my opinion.

herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 03:04 AM UTC
HI

5 weeks isn't that long to get a subscription started.
And have you tried calling them?

Did you send actual letters or e-mails to them?

Andy
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 03:20 AM UTC
Aragorn,
As herberta said most magazines will tell you it takes 6-8 weeks to get your subscription started up, I would give them some more time.

Mike
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 90 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 04:03 AM UTC
Yeah...give 'em a week or two longer. And like Herbeta said...try giving them a call instead of E-mailing them. Your messages are most likely falling into a black hole and there's nothing like getting a real person on the phone to get some questions answered and some information.

Greg B.
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 04:19 AM UTC
hi , it all depends on several factors , has your credit card been debited , two did you ask for specific month to start subs, and three in which part of the world do you live in , as uk postal services are not the fastest at sending out overseas mail , lastly it can take up to 3 weeks here in the uk tjust o set up a sub as our banks want to hold on to your money , they earn interest and then decide in their own time when to pass it on , sorry but these are few reasons why sub take so ling from the uk . cheers ian
User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 06:26 AM UTC
I have sent emails, and "real" letters to them, but no respond. I don't know, but if they don't send me the magazine in 2 weeks, when they now have debit my card, can I cancel the debit? I am not sure on these things...
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 06:37 AM UTC
i would give them a little more time like these guys have recommended. Its not nice i know and it seems to be lousy customer service. Hopefully itll work out if not then speak to your bank - most have some type of dept that will deal with this sort of thing. If you've purchased goods and not received them or had an explanation to the reasons why then that starts to become fraud.
Good luck
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 12:15 PM UTC
I have read quite often, complaints about military modelling being late. Especially from subscribers, who are still waiting and the stores already have theirs. I have never heard about Military modelling being a fraud though. I think you`ll need just some patience Jamal.
Wentzels in stockholm seems to have the same problem as it can be weeks late sometimes. Hopefully it will come through int he end!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:13 PM UTC
Aragorn,
I've recently subscribed to Mil Mod online a few time ago. When I got decided to send them a complaint letter (after two months or so from my subscription) I received a letter from a Swedish company based in Stockholm telling me tham shortly the first issue of the magazine was going to be delivered, and it happened in less then ten days. I'll check if still have the letter to give you the mai address of the company which distributes the magazine from sweden...
Ciao
User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 04:01 AM UTC
Thanks guys for your support,

I have just checked the Creditcard, they have take money from it... And I asked the bank.. I can't do anything except waiting for the magazine...
Soldner
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 32 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 04:42 AM UTC
Heya Aragorn. JUST FYI

It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt...

...Over so small a thing"

Boromir, from the movie "The Lord of the Rings"

He first said it in the book. A great read. =)

I dont know why im telling you that.. I just tired I guess.
 _GOTOTOP