TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Dances With Wolves - Special Edition
shermanfreak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 380 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 03:35 PM UTC
Just had the chance to sit down and watch the newly released DWW SE. This new DVD release has a total of 52 minutes added to the original length of the movie bringing it to a total of nearly 4 hrs in length. The new / extended scenes run very smoothly with the originals and certainly add to the content of the movie by answering a few of the questions posed in the original. A must see for any DWW fans.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 03:44 PM UTC
The original had so many sad scenes, it's hard to imagine an extended version.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 04:23 PM UTC
I think when ABC(?) originally aired the movie on TV, they added the deleted scenes that showed the soldiers deserting the fort that Lt. Dunbar eventually ends up at. A few other scenes at the main post where he meets that flaky officer who offs himself. Been a while since I saw that version, but it helped make a lot of sense to the theater version. Especially the scenes where the Indians (no offense intended) go after the sport hunters and Dunbar doesn't quite feel like part of the tribe.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:13 AM UTC
I've always loved that movie. I remember being so enraptured with it I didn't come up for air so to speak until the very end when I realized it was just about over. Thnaks Sabot, I never did see those "missing" parts. Going to have to pick up the new DVD