_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Favorite hobby shop in North Carolina
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 08:30 PM UTC
Here's a chance to put your favorite hobby shop on for all to see (and find!) in NC. I travel around and would like to know where a great hobby shop is .
My favorite is: Hayes Hobby House at Eutah Village North off of Bragg Blvd in Fayetteville. They have a website and a club, Lafayette Scale Modelers. Check 'em out next time you're in our grid square.
slodder
Visit this Community
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 11:15 PM UTC
Well, I'll chime in - Toms Trains in Raleigh is my favorite. It is a train shop so No model kits. But Tools, Woodland scenic, paints, glues, wood.
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 06:10 AM UTC
Cool Scott, I know I try and use model train scenics as much as possible because I'm terrible at making landscapes! Thanks for chiming in. BTW, very cool website too (ModelGeek.com)!
jccraemer
Visit this Community
entire network: 462 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 01:44 PM UTC
I'm with you on hayes hobbys but jacksonville has one called hobbychest across from the jacksonville mall and the club up thier is jacksonville plastic modelers club and website
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 02:49 PM UTC
Thanks JC for your input! My son is stationed at Camp Lejeune so I know where your talking about. I'll check it out next time I'm there, thanks!
bavindicator
Visit this Community
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 10:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm with you on hayes hobbys but jacksonville has one called hobbychest across from the jacksonville mall and the club up thier is jacksonville plastic modelers club and website

I will dovetail off of JCCraemers post and say that I most frequently visit the Hobby Chest in Jacksonville. He carries a wide array of plastic models and has just about every hobby genre covered.
Brian
firejoel182
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 10:38 AM UTC
The Hobby House in Hendersonville, and Carolina Art, Craft & Hobby in Asheville. Both run by great folks and if they don't have it on the shelf they can get you whatever you need.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The Hobby House in Hendersonville, and Carolina Art, Craft & Hobby in Asheville. Both run by great folks and if they don't have it on the shelf they can get you whatever you need.

I've spent nearly a billion dollars in these two stores Joel. You're right about both owners being great folks. Lenny, at Carolina Art, Craft & Hobby has given me numerous tips and technique hints over the years. The Hobby House has a website too BTW.

Hermon
firejoel182
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 01:24 AM UTC
absolutely, Hermon, Lenny is my walking, talking modeling resource. BTW are there any modeling groups i.e. AMPS or IPMS in the Asheville, Hendersonville area.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 12:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW are there any modeling groups i.e. AMPS or IPMS in the Asheville, Hendersonville area.

Negative. As far as I know there once was a small group of guys that met once a month when Model Mania was still in business but I haven't heard of anything big. If anyone DID start a chapter locally I'd join for sure.

Hermon
 _GOTOTOP