Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
!/35 Hose Fittings
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 12:27 PM UTC
Is there a company that produces any 1/35 hose fittings for truck and trailers.Break lines etc.Just the end part.I thought verlinden made one years ago but not sure in PE.

I'm getting a M915 truck and trailer and need to know how to make the stuff that doesn't come with the kit.The wire's , hoses, etc.

Happy Modeling
Tom
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 03:25 AM UTC
I believe the model comes with gladhand ends. For the hoses, wires, and airlines, etc, use thin solder. You can make other fittings with styrene rod and hex rod. It works pretty well. For larger fittings, you can use small nuts and bolts too.
Desmoquattro
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 39 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 07:04 AM UTC
Detail Master makes a full range of lubrication and fuel line fittings for 1/24 cars. They are machined metal compression fittings (available in a variety of styles) and they also make a PE set of washers etc to assemble them - you can build a lubrication or fuel setup just like the real thing. Check their website for sizes and types, they might be the right size for industrial applications in 1/35. They also make braided steel line in a variety of diameters.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 - 03:35 PM UTC
Detail Associates MU couplings, hoses, and receptacles are always a good addition to your spares box. They may not work for your particular`application, but you'll find a need for them soon enough.
 _GOTOTOP