_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 09:52 AM UTC
Hello there

Returning to model making after a very long absence; almost three decades worth no less. Made models as a youngster but stopped in my early teens. Have bought modelling magazines for the past few years with a view to getting back into the hobby but my apprehension about making a hash of things always got the better of me ... until now that is. I have finally taken the plunge and started working on a Russian P-39 N Airacobra. Have already got some top tips from the forums here to help me on my way. Still a wee bit apprehensive but enjoying the build and very happy to be back in the world of sprues, glue, paint and decals
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 02:15 PM UTC
Hi Emma! Welcome back to the scale world! Enjoying the build is the thrill you seek and it's there for the asking. A P-39 Ivan? 1/32? Pleeeeeze post a few photos when you feel cocky about it! Any referance pics you are working from you can share?
Cheers for Soviet thunder!
Rick
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 02:47 PM UTC
Welcome back to the hobby Emma, and remember one thing most mistakes can be fixed or corrected.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 01:52 AM UTC
Welcome to the best in the world .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 02:51 AM UTC
Thanks for all the good words guys and gals ... it's a 1:48 P-39 but if it goes reasonabley well I will post some photos - it would be good to have get constructive feedback and the photos would also serve as a baseline against which to judge progress on future builds. And it's good to know that most mistakes can be corrected ..... fingers crossed I don't make too many
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 06:19 AM UTC
Welcome Emma.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP