_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
Anyone going to the IPMS/USA Nationals?
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 90 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 08:31 AM UTC
Just wondering if anyone will be there this year. It's from July 2-5 in Oklahoma City, OK. And everyone from Texas knows "Oklahoma is OK! Sorry...couldn't help that.

It's only a few hours from Dallas so I was going to head on up and see what I can see? If we get a good Armorama turnout there's no reason why we can't have an Armorama minicon! I might be new to posting but I've been lurking here for a long time and wouldn't mind meeting a few of you.

And if anyone is going and entering a competition I'd love to hear about it and whip up some support!

Greg B.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 02:02 PM UTC
Hey Greg. Hopefully you and I will meet up at the Squadron show in Mesquite this weekend. I plan to go to the NAtionals with just a camera and a ton o' film. Maybe we can get a couple three of us and split the expenses on the trek
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 03:05 PM UTC
Show in Mesquite? I missed that. When and where is that exactly?

And I'd be happy to tag along the OK City. I'm planning on driving back and forth so if anyone in the DFW metroplex wants to go let me know. Free gas and ride.

Greg B.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 03:08 PM UTC
I live in Plano, and plan to go to both the Mesquite Squadron show and the IPMS... perhaps we could chip in on gas and drive up together? Any others from the Dallas / Plano area?
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 05:11 PM UTC
I found a link to it at the IPMS North Central site...haven't been there in a while and missed it...but I'm going to go. Let's pick a place to meet and gang up on the vendors! Nothing like a scary gaggle of modellers to squeeze some good prices out of a vendor! :-)

Greg B.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:03 PM UTC
Theres a chance I might be going to the Nationals. I live in Ohio so its a longgggg drive, but I might hitch a ride with a few of the guys from our local IPMS group. it would be great fun!

Mike
salt6
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 796 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
If you get to the show don't forget to go to teh 45th Inf Div Museum. NE 36 St just off I 35. On of the best displays of US armor around. Good stuff to see inside. Alot of WW II stuff.

http://www.salt6.com/45idmuseum.htm

_GOTOTOP