Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Google Chrome Beta
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 04:24 PM UTC
Anyone else playing around with the Google Chrome beta version yet?

What do you think? Should MS IE, Moz Firefox, Opera, etc be worried?

Personally I haven't noticed the added speed they are talking about. That said, I am using a public library's wireless connection which is dodgy at the best of times...
D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
entire network: 436 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 09:39 PM UTC
I have been using Google Chrome for about the last week. I've not found it any better than either IE or Firefox, except that scrolling through a page seems to be a bit smoother than the others. But having said that my computer is not far off from having a heritage order placed on it

cheers
David
vertigo
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 388 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC
I've been using Chrome for a week and I like. Unfortunately Firefox 3 appears to have been crashing my OS for a while now so Chrome is a welcome replacement.
Plus Chrome is still in its Beta version which means the finished version has the potential to be much better.
Anirudharun
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 04:54 AM UTC
I've been using it for a week now and I've noticed a lot of the improvements they talked about. It opens a bit quicker than Firefox and a whole lot quicker than IE, hasn't crashed once yet and seems to be a more stable platform. will be good to see what the actual version brings.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 10:27 AM UTC
About the same in time as others a week or so I like it it has some good points .. but i've not been won over from firefox yet.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 04:53 PM UTC
been using it for just 3 days....
personally I'm too get used of the firefox interface so at first it's kinda 'kinky' to use the browser.
With regards to page loading, i found it's almost the same with firefox 3 (IE can go somewhere else... ) and kitmaker network get loaded pretty fast compare to Firefox..
The only thing i didnt like the lack of menu item on the top but were displayed as icon on the top right corner. Something is very far from what we used to be. Pressing and hold the ALT button wont reveal the menu either.
To use find we have to press menu find or CTRL+F which is not so cool compare the one used by firefox...
Maybe i was so obsessed with Firefox....
Anyway, it's just been 3 days.. need to test this for a full review... so far so good... but Firefox 3 still rule so far.........