Local, Regional, or International.
Cleveland Chapter fold?
kemo
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 02:31 PM UTC
Cleveland has a show in Kirtland every year at the beginning of November, I cannot access their website and do not see any listings for the show. They have held it for 11 years, and just had the regionals this past April. Has anyone heard any information...has the chapter folded? I would be dissappointed if this has happened.
DonFlynn
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 01:47 AM UTC
I believe they decided not host it due to 'burnout' since they just had the regional, its not listed on the IPMS Events site.

I'll email the Region 4 director and see what he knows and post you back when I find out....you can always come down to the Cincinnati Ohio Show Oct 18th for your plastic fix

I'll post as soon as I find out something
kemo
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 09:19 AM UTC
Thanks for the information. I am planning to attend the Cincy show. Is there a good turnout? Run well?
DonFlynn
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 06:04 PM UTC
We had 106 contestants with 546 models on the tables lasy year, over 335 general admissions...overall the largest turnout we've ever had

As of tonite the vendor area is booked up (70 tables..i can sneak a few more in if needed) so there will be plenty of stuff to spend money on

As to being well run I'm not a unbiased person to ask since I'm the guy who runs it (or it runs me ) Hopefully you'll have a good time.

Still waiting for word from the R-4 head....will let you know when I find out about Clevelands show
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 03:04 PM UTC
Hi, Lets hope they are just taking a Break. I attended the last two shows in Kirtland and had a Great time. It would be sad if they folded. I hear the Cinncy show is also a good time. By the way, if your near the Pa /Ohio line , there are two upcoming shows. SVASCOM 24 on 9/20/08 in West Middlesex , Pa. and on 9/27/08 the Erie Scale Modelers show in Mckean, Pa. I had a very fine time at both thier shows last year. milvehfan
DonFlynn
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 02:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, Lets hope they are just taking a Break. I attended the last two shows in Kirtland and had a Great time. It would be sad if they folded. I hear the Cinncy show is also a good time. By the way, if your near the Pa /Ohio line , there are two upcoming shows. SVASCOM 24 on 9/20/08 in West Middlesex , Pa. and on 9/27/08 the Erie Scale Modelers show in Mckean, Pa. I had a very fine time at both thier shows last year. milvehfan

I get the impression that's what their doing, the R-4 contact emailed me back say he was holding this opn, here's the message I got

"Don,

I'm no longer with the Show Committee group so I don't have any details. I approved the 11/15/08 date for CMS 12 before the Regional, but after the Regional talk switched to a scaled down show with more emphasis on vendors and using a popular vote type of judging. I have not heard anything more from the committee or in either of the clubs' newsletters. I've copied the Regional Chairman and hopefully Mark can give you more info.

Kirk"

I find out more I'll post it

kemo
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 02:16 AM UTC
Don: Thanks for all the info about Cleveland, and I saw the photos from the cincy show. That sold me, and I will be there. Looks like a great turnout. Also, do you have any info on the Regional 4 Show? Where it will be held?

Eric
 _GOTOTOP