_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Work Area and Display
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 09:19 PM UTC
Guys, pano naman yung models nyo? Dinidisplay nyo ba? Mas Maganda kung nakadisplay sya.

eto nga pala yung sa akin

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display1.jpg
www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display2.jpg

mga box ng finished and unfinished models ko

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/box2.jpg

eto naman yung comp na ginagamit ko

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/computer.jpg

eto yung toolbox ko.

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/toolkit.jpg

dito naman ako nag iispray:

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/paint.jpg

Post nyo rin sa inyo
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 10:12 PM UTC
Ako may display..Pero inaalikabok...

Kung saan saan ako gumagawa eh..Wala akong work area...

At wala akong web cam...Kaya nakiki-picture lang ako sa'yo...

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Guys, pano naman yung models nyo? Dinidisplay nyo ba? Mas Maganda kung nakadisplay sya.

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display1.bmp
www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display2.bmp

eto yung toolbox ko.

Post nyo rin sa inyo

Ah guys, yung display table pics ko di pa available. Baka mamaya iupdate ko na lang.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 11:04 PM UTC
Bao!

Tignan mo tong site na 'to! ^_^

Ang saya! Astig yung Gundam dio!

GUNDAM DIO
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 11:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display1.bmp
www.geocities.com/dendrobium_gp03s/display2.bmp

eto yung toolbox ko.

Post nyo rin sa inyo

Ah guys, yung display table pics ko di pa available. Baka mamaya iupdate ko na lang.

Ok, naupdate ko na yung links. Check nyo yung original post ko
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ako may display..Pero inaalikabok...

Kung saan saan ako gumagawa eh..Wala akong work area...

At wala akong web cam...Kaya nakiki-picture lang ako sa'yo...

If you like, I could go there and get shots for you
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hehe I work normally in what we call the terrace and in my room. I have my factory in my room, while the painting (and the casting) in the terrace (where it's more ventilated). Which needless to say makes me mum and dad get angry sometimes (especially mum - she doesn't like the mess which is really organized chaos).

I used to display my finished and unfinished kits on my book shelf but recently kept in those plastic drawers most of my unfinished kits and my almost finished to finished ones in the living room where we store the VHS tapes. My diorama is currently wrapped in plastic and placed under the table since there isn't any room in the house to display it properly (sigh...), while my untouched 'virgin' kits are kept in the cabinet (away from me mum and dad's prying eyes - hehehe I have had to resort to smuggling them in the house to avoid getting their ire), with the most-likely-to-be-built ones close by.

I'm hoping to invest in a custom made display shelf, ala those used in Motorex, someday. However, they cost quite a sum which I'd rather spend on either several kits (sigh), the PC, or much needed repairs for the car or to the bills that I'm responsible for paying. Plus the fact there ain't much room in the house, well there goes the display shelf idea...
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 08:02 PM UTC
Ako rin....

I have to smuggle newly purchased model kits and hide the reciepts...

Baka makita...at pagalitan ako..
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 05:46 PM UTC
I have a couple of pics here of my work area pero hindi ko pa maupload. I'll post them as soon as I can find some way to do it. Maybe from the office
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 02:57 PM UTC
Here they are:

My work area. Note the Johnson's Wipe and Shine which I use as a substitute to the locally unavailable "Future" :-) Unfortunately the kit I'm assembling right now is non-military

My toolkit, with parts of unfinished kits in a lot of the trays. Note the brown seats, chrome plated exteriors and wheels, all of which are part of an unfinished Tamiya 1:24 Land Cruiser VX kit. The one where I lost the suspension coils

Also visible is the aft and stern decks of my Revell 1:570 RMS Titanic :-)

My makeshift spray booth

An old Monogram 1:24 Ferrari Testarossa, badly painted and decaled, and recently disassembled. I'm using her body as a decal testbed (for older decals)

My PC, very near where the work area is. Note the Tom Clancy paperbacks on the shelf. Lots of kits inspirations from those novels
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 06:56 PM UTC
I'm curious about the Wipe and Shine. I have obtained a bottle of Future from abroad but I'm hoarding it for now. I've been opening all brands of floor wax that are locally available. Does it dry clear and hard and smooth?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm curious about the Wipe and Shine. I have obtained a bottle of Future from abroad but I'm hoarding it for now. I've been opening all brands of floor wax that are locally available. Does it dry clear and hard and smooth?

What you see on that 747-200 is 2 layers of Wipe and Shine topcoat. It's white while wet, but YES, it dries clear and hard and smooth, even if applied abundantly with a brush!

Be careful not to let it collect in one place though. If it does, a thick layer of clearcoat appears there.

And that's a 500? ml bottle for 50 pesos. :-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:35 PM UTC
Good news indeed! May local Future/Klear pala tayo puti nga lang ang kulay Pwede kaya i-airbrush 'to?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good news indeed! May local Future/Klear pala tayo puti nga lang ang kulay Pwede kaya i-airbrush 'to?

I guess. I-dilute mo using 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (which thins/ removes it easily :-) )
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 07:46 PM UTC
Thanks! Will definitely give it a try
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:38 PM UTC
Can't see the pix Lattex.

Re:Wipe and Shine... hmmm... interesting... will give it a try, too someday.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 11:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't see the pix Lattex.

Re:Wipe and Shine... hmmm... interesting... will give it a try, too someday.

unfortunately they don't quite show up.

Wait, I'll post them in my pbase.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 11:57 PM UTC
I've reposted the pics at my pbase gallery here:

http://www.pbase.com/lj_rules/scale_modelling

Feel free to browse through my other galleries and see my "other" hobby
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 12:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmm... so it's not only me who's been opening up the cans and bottles of floor polish in the stores... good, I'm not alone... #:-)

Lattex - finally saw the pix. Very nice work place you got! Very organized too (mine is a complete utter disaster zone - unless Typhoon Mom comes in to clean up the mess - as well as the kit parts, sigh...)

Curious on the PC - Athlon or PIV? Open case kasi, e. 15" or 17" monitor?

I see you've got an almost complete line of Clancy's classics (not that OpCenter crap - sorry I don't like any of his series outside Jack Ryan - except those on Clark which are essentially within the Ryan universe). Any faves? I still like RSR very much, followed by the trilogy - DoH, EO, TBTD.

Hehe nahihiya ako ipakita ang work (disaster?) area ko hehehe :-)

BTW, very nice pix you have. I like the sunset pix. Good work!
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 01:13 PM UTC
lattex nakita ko na yung ibibigay mo sakin na mga rims
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 06:23 PM UTC
Since Typhoon Mom - measuring signal #12,302 - swept through my room with much displeasure, I can now (embarassingly) show my 'work room' (actually my room) aka Gennady's Wacky Iron and Steel Works:

My study table (yup, emphasis on the word 'study') which serves more as a work table (to the great distress of both my parents). I placed the much abused cutting mat (then in a pristine state some 5 years ago) on the retractable board (supposed for a keyboard when there were plans of putting the PC here) by carving out a pit or such and gluing the mat on it. And yes, that furry yellow thing is indeed Pikachu which older sis gave me. Dang isn't it cute or what? #:-)

Another view of me table. Notice the world map which I drew red arrows emanating from Manila - that shows my future plans to conquer the world. Below that - and above the partially covered M1 picture - are the initials I.D.F. in Israeli writing:

Unbuilt tanks and some paints on the in-and-out trays. The white tank is a Gunze multimedia Jagdpanther kit, the black is a Tamiya T-34/85, with the Trump USMC M1A1HA sitting on top of the Tamiya Leo2A5:

Some not-so-hidden wealth under my table:

One of the storage plastic containers under my study table. This is where I keep most of my tools. And yes, that's a .5mm (I think) syringe with needle. I use it for my RTV castings:

Yet another storage area. This time, the place for some unfinished kits. The one with tracks is the Academy Merkava III. The one on top is a Tamiya Sdkfz 251/1 Hanomag, with an Italeri 20mm cannon in it. Also inside is my PzH2000:

And still yet another storage area. This is where I keep some other tools and items for the hobby:

Be afraid. Be very afraid:

This is my headboard. On it is Tamiya's 1/350 Musashi - yet unfinished as usual. I plan on making it into a highly-detailed RC ship so I can bring it to the beach or pool and relive the battle of Leyte Gulf. #:-) Under it are the following: Finished (wow! Finished!) Academy 1/144 F-14A VF-114 Aardvarks, a IJN WW2 destroyer (unfinished), and a 1/144 Dragon F-14A Tomcat in the process of being converted to an F-14D. The sailing ship on the back is a Chinese junk - which is not a model kit but just a table ornament. An even larger wall map of the world betrays my ambitions:

Here are some of my books. Law books are on the lower shelf. Other books are on the upper shelf. Originally, my law books were on the study table, and my models were on the lower shelf. But I have since re-arranged it to make more room for my study table (thus heralding a new chapter of being more serious in my studies). The other non-law books on the lower shelf are there because there's no more space :

Flammables go to the toilet. The smell of RTV is sometimes overpowering in that area #:-) I used to keep ebola samples here, hence the ebola picture above the MAD sticker. The "you're gun is not welcome here" sticker is a warning to others - if you know what I mean #:-) :

Hidden wealth inside my cabinet:

And the main hidden wealth hideout:

I hope you enjoyed the tour. :-)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hmmm... so it's not only me who's been opening up the cans and bottles of floor polish in the stores... good, I'm not alone... #:-)

Lattex - finally saw the pix. Very nice work place you got! Very organized too (mine is a complete utter disaster zone - unless Typhoon Mom comes in to clean up the mess - as well as the kit parts, sigh...)

Curious on the PC - Athlon or PIV? Open case kasi, e. 15" or 17" monitor?

I see you've got an almost complete line of Clancy's classics (not that OpCenter crap - sorry I don't like any of his series outside Jack Ryan - except those on Clark which are essentially within the Ryan universe). Any faves? I still like RSR very much, followed by the trilogy - DoH, EO, TBTD.

Hehe nahihiya ako ipakita ang work (disaster?) area ko hehehe :-)

BTW, very nice pix you have. I like the sunset pix. Good work!

I gave everyone a false sense of me being organized. My place is a disaster area also when kits are actually being built

The PC is a year and a half year old Athlon 900. I assembled that PC myself :-) It's opened up like that to better cool it on summer days, but it could be closed these days kasi malamig naman

14" monitor lang yan. Gusto ko na ngang gawing 17"

I've got the whole Jack Ryan line, minus The Red Rabbit which is not yet published in paperback. RSR is actually not part of that line, but I do like it. My current fave is Cardinal of the Kremlin, followed by Rainbow Six. I think I will like Without Remorse when I read it. Idol ko si John Clark Op Center isn't actually written by Tom Clancy, nga pala The line just uses his name as "creator"

Thanks for looking at my other photos #:-)

Astig yung photos mo pare! May treasure throve ka sa cabinet mo. Hehehe. Hindi ko nga pala pinakita yung "hidden wealth" stores ko. Pero okay lang. Ang laman lang naman nun eh 2 Revell 1:570 RMS Titanics, 1 Doyusha 1:144 ANA Boeing 747-400, at isang Monogram AV-8B Harrier. I have yet to "restock"
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

lattex nakita ko na yung ibibigay mo sakin na mga rims

hahaha... hindi ko muna igi-giveup yung Land Cruiser rims, pero yung Testarossa (bad rims though) and Ferrari Mythos (better ones) rims pwede ko ibigay sayo
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2003 - 10:10 PM UTC
This is the family PC. Duron 700. I was playing SteelBeasts at the time - the best tank sim ever! Version 2 will come out hopefully this year. This is one of my gateways to Armorama. Mwuhahahaha! #:-)

See here, I'm leading a platoon of M1A1HAs on a mission. Yeah, I forgot to change the skins of the vehicle, hence the desert camo. Hehehe, I think I'll be getting Alzheimer's when I get old...

Yeah I know, bad blurry photo... but can you see that T-72 turret flying after receiving a sabot round? :-) The explosion on the right side of the screen is from artillery - yep, you get artillery :-)

Fine game. Try it out comrades! :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 12:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This is the family PC. Duron 700. I was playing SteelBeasts at the time - the best tank sim ever! Version 2 will come out hopefully this year. This is one of my gateways to Armorama. Mwuhahahaha! #:-)

Fine game. Try it out comrades! :-)

Looks nice, but I prefer the F-16 and the MIG-29 Fighter plane simulation games. Pretty boring if there is no enemy around. For WWII infatry games, I prefer Day of Defeat, a mod for Half-Life. Strategy games, I prefer Command and Conquer Generals
 _GOTOTOP