_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Oatey Epoxy Putty
Potroast
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 90 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 04:49 PM UTC
I was at Lowes today to pick up some water putty to make some walls and groundwork for a diorama, and lo and behold I found a tube of Oatey Epoxy Putty. I've always used Milliput but decided to grab it and give it a whirl.

I broke out some Historex Academy figures and used it to mold some clothes, and I have to say I like the stuff so far. It comes in a tube and has a "log" of two part putty...one part wrapped around the other (think of it as a cheese log of putty.) It's firm but softer than Milliput and dries a little faster. I was able to smooth it out with water, file it, and drill into it just like Milliput. It's about a medium grain putty.

The thing I like best? It was only $5 and you get about twice as much putty as you would get in a standard box of Milliput.

I didn't know if anyone has seen this stuff and just thought I'd pass it along in case someone wants to try it out. You can find it right next to the plaster of paris, stucco, and water putty at Lowes (I'm sure Home Depot it, too.)

Greg B.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:04 AM UTC
Pot, welcome aboard. And yes, I stumble on the Oatey putty about 3 years ago when I was fighting with a bath tub faucet and have been using it ever since. Good stuff.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:29 AM UTC
Road Trip to Lowes at Lunch Time!

Great tip - love to see a new person contributing!

Thanks
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 12:31 AM UTC
Anyone got the brand name of a similar putty available in Europe? Jim
 _GOTOTOP