_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
squadron green putty
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:27 AM UTC
squadron green putty is it really as flamable as it says? or is it just health and safety overkill? any thoughts or problems
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hi Simon,

I have used Squadron's green putty on different projects and have never had any problems with it. I think that it is a very handy item to have on hand.

HARV
kemo
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:54 AM UTC
I use it all the time. Its just a precaution. I wear latex gloves thoughh while applying.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC
I have also used it allot and never had a problem. Just good safety stuff I guess.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:35 PM UTC
Never really had a problem with it other than the price. You can get a tube of Auto body putty that's 3 or 4 times the size for about the same price.
cheese
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 106 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 - 11:05 AM UTC
Ha.....too funny. I open up all the windows, doors, turn the fans on, etc. Then I put on my level 2 gas mask with particle atomizer and antifog lens.

This is at least the impression I got the first time using it and man does it kick when you breath it in close. Please note, I did not inhale with the intent of finding out what colors were going to begin to blob up in my sight or what dead president would show up to chat.

I cant say cause I havent used it too much but it sure beats the majority of puttys that I have tried. It is the "good stuff" in my opinion and maybe some sacrificing of brain cells is worth the finish the putty gives.

In all reality, I was not being sarcastic about the fans and windows being on and opened. I actually thought about throwing on my paintball mask with ventillation fan but figured I would wait for some sign before being too drastic.
 _GOTOTOP