_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Verlinden Productions
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2008 - 11:05 PM UTC
has anybody seen any August or September realeases from Verlinden as their website still has listed the july ones

13M201182
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 164 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 11:21 AM UTC
One of their US distibutor's does have a few new items marked as TBA, nothing earth shaking and of course no pictures. IMHO I think Verlinden's days are numbered, no real new realeses, just re-pops of previously released figures with a different head or legs/arms. They 've had no new vehicle sets or conversion in a long time.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 10:00 PM UTC
I thinks it's almost over for Verlinden too.

I had a chat in my LHS and the importer for Verlinden for the Netherlands has gotten almost no orders anymore lately apparantly. I think it's the high price compared to other resin manufacturers that's the problem. And even when the price is the same, the Verlinden figures have sometimes some strange unnatural poses.

It is sad though, I have bought some Verlinden stuff and I was always happy with it, except the thickness of the PE, it's as thick as armour plating
montythefirst
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 10:33 AM UTC
yeah im not surprised, its a real shame but then then money talks and quite often they are over priced for what you get, i've always found conversion work somewhat difficult because of the fact that they are so often cast in large pieces as opposed to those resin kits which come like injection moulded ones in seperates like nemrod for example.

Anyway thanks for replying lets hope verlinden hang in there.

simon
brockolee
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 01:48 PM UTC
i believe so V.Productions are selling off all of Franco's kits on e-bay with certificate and numbers priviet company with same city and state so what does it me? if thats the case should we buy all the kits we can and sit on them will they become gold mines? ----- Brock
montythefirst
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:44 PM UTC
really ! its a real shame that this is happening because they do make some great kits but the price and the lack of flexibility when building them doesn't do them any favours
 _GOTOTOP