_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Need help choosing an airbrush hose adapter
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 07:01 AM UTC
Hi,

This summer I went and bought myself another airbrush, and since it has an Iwata type hose connection, it adds to the hassle of switching ABs because I have to swap air hoses as well. My first AB is a Badger and I'm running a Sparmax compressor, for which I got an adapter to fit the badger hose. The sparmax came with an Iwata hose, which fits to the compressor directly.

What would be best way to ease switching from one AB to another?
I think the choice is down to regular hose adapter(s) and a 2-way adapter.

http://www.coastairbrush.com/products.asp?cat=309
This latter kind like this looks useful, I could keep both ABs connected at the same time. But I presume I would need an additional hose adapter as well to fit the other hose to it?

The hose adapter option would have to be such that it could be used with a single hose, with each airbrush having a quick connector adapdater and the hose having a counterpart.

How have other people resolved these kind of compatibility issues? I'd be interested in hearing your opinions and recommendations. If someone happens to have some tips regarding good online store selling suitable accessories, I'd be glad to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 05:50 AM UTC
I have hoses for each and a Quick connect on my CO2 bottle and Compressor. BUT the screw adapter that goest to the single hose adapting the airbrush works as well.
 _GOTOTOP