_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Clogged Glue Tip
Sladog
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 111 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 12:49 PM UTC
Anyone know how to unclog the tip of a glue bottle? I have the model master kind with the long metal tip and, I guess it is hardened glue that is blocking the tip.

I also have the Testors bottle but with the plastic tip and same problem. I know they come with the little metal wires but they can't get past the clog.

Any suggestions?

Do any of you brush the glue on?

Thanks.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 12:53 PM UTC
If the clog isn't very deep in the nozzle, you can use a micro drill bit and your pin vise. The bits are a little stronger than those wires. However, I have never had a clog so bad that those wire didn't work. Flexifile makes a 'Touch-N-Flow' that is a glass tube with a thin metal tip like the MM bottle (a little smaller gauge though). You could get one of those from Micro-Mark.
Stormin
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 232 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 01:15 PM UTC
Hi Master Sergeant Sladog,
for unglueing the metal tip om my glue(Revell contacta professional) squeeze the plastic body of the glue and run a cigarette lighter under it it melts the glue in the thin metal tube. Extreme I know but if all else fails it definetly works. #:-)
Cheers, Kenny.
Army
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 96 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 02:18 PM UTC
I use the long sewing pins to unclog my glue bottles..
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:24 PM UTC
I guess that is why I always use Testors tube glue. It doesn't clog that often and if it does a stick pin unclogs it in a second. Have used the liquid, but do that through a syringe with a hypodermic needle, that never clogs
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:55 PM UTC
I use the same glue and sometimes have the same problem. I use a twist tie from a loaf of bread or the kitchen garbage bags. I strip off the paper from a length of wire long enough to run the entire length of the nozzel. The wire is usually strong enough to push through the clog and small enough not to make the hole in the nozzel bigger.
If the wire bends to where you can't push it through the nozzel. Take two forceps or two pair of small plyers. Grab each end of the wire and pull the ends apart sharply and whoola the wire is straight again.
Hope this helps
Paul
 _GOTOTOP