_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Help with airbrush
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 1,368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2008 - 11:04 PM UTC
Hello!
I managed to damage my airbrush's needle and nozzle. The needle has a bent tip and the nozzle is badly damaged. I manage to spray but I cant do fine jobs.
My airbrush is made by a Spanish firm called Artesania Latina and the model is BD-180.
It seems to me that the design is similar to the Iwata models, but I can't find any spare parts. Anyone aware of any on-line supplier which could sell these pieces (at a good price, of course, otherwise I would get a new airbrush, given the price I payed it)?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2008 - 03:03 AM UTC
I'm not familiar with that make and model . You should be able to get a new needle at your hobby shop . I understand that all makes of airbrushes share the same size (s) as for the tip is it like the ones on bagers and others that share the same concept ? you might be able to use these parts , but I'm not sure .
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 1,368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 07:24 PM UTC
Thanks!
I just need to try...
ledzep
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 06:01 PM UTC
hi!
how's the result...i have similar problem. I'm using Chinese airbrush. Tightened it and it break..(sigh).
mvfrog
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 369 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 - 07:17 PM UTC
Before you buy a new needle, try this: get a piece of fine "wet or dry" carborundum (fine grit-600 or so) sandpaper, wet it, put it on a hard surface, with the needle down and to the left, at the angle that the needle will form the point at the tip, pull the needle to the right, turning the needle as you pull it, and it should "sharpen" the bent point out of it. Be gentle with it so that you create a uniform and centered point at the tip. It works; I've done it. Give it a try, then buy a new needle as a spare.

Matt

I hope I've expressed myself clearly. It's easy to do and it works.
 _GOTOTOP