_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Gunze Sangyo Panits into Canada
Starkhorn
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 04:31 PM UTC
Hello all,

Pardon me if this has been previously discussed, but is there any truth to the rumour that Gunze Sangyo paint can no longer be shipped into Canada due to some issue with lead-based content? All of the local retailers that I frequent are absolutely out of the stuff.

I am in Toronto; if anyone knows where to find GS paint locally (particularly their Burnt Iron!) please advise.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Cheers
GaryGore
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 384 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 03:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello all,

Pardon me if this has been previously discussed, but is there any truth to the rumour that Gunze Sangyo paint can no longer be shipped into Canada due to some issue with lead-based content? All of the local retailers that I frequent are absolutely out of the stuff.

I am in Toronto; if anyone knows where to find GS paint locally (particularly their Burnt Iron!) please advise.

Cheers

I believe it is not a lead issue, I believe it is the chemical makeup of the paint, something to due with a cancer causing agent that the State of California will not allow to be imported, but I have read on the Internet that GS paints are now available in the US in large numbers, so it should make its way into Canada, or you can see if you can order some online from a US site.
Starkhorn
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 09:31 AM UTC
Thanks So there was some fact to the rumour...
smithery
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 06:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers

Not local to you, but my local shop here in Ottawa is importing Gunze direct from Japan. They'll ship direct to you.

www.hobcen.com
613-739-2020
[email protected]

_GOTOTOP