_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Possible Filipino themed campaign?
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:23 PM UTC
To get the monkey off my back: how 'bout we do a simple simple campaign? Could either be a Jeepney (make your own jeepney - say, convert an Sdkfz 251/1 to a hanopneey or a 1/35 Willy's jeep to make the 1st generation jeep) as the subject, or PAF aircraft (there are several F-5 and OV-10 kits available), or dioramas (Philippine Marines, etc.). What sayeth this jolly group? If you want, we could extend it to the other armorama members as well.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 03:12 AM UTC
What do you actually mean? A battle scene or what? Medyo malabo yung idea mo eh. Paki explain ng mabuti
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
I've tried creating a Filipino scout ranger out of a US Ranger before..Medyo ayus nmn yung kinalabasan...

Cguro OK yang campaign na yan! Go ako jan! ^_^

Pwede isang 1:35 fig lang ang isali? May balak kse akong gumawa ng PAF Officer....Alam na alam kse nmn yung GOA nun...May PAF Blue GOA kse kme eh..^_^
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 08:22 AM UTC
I'm working on getting enough information on a 3" Anti-aircraft gun to do a dio of my Dad at the Chicago Battery pit (Fort Hill, Corregidor).

But I guess I'm going to have to learn the lingo to keep up with the whole of the conversation...

Maybe this just means I don't belong either
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 12:10 PM UTC
Just ask anyone of us if you need a translation Brian! We'll be glad to help. I've been itchin' to do something from Corregidor since I first visited the island a long time ago.

As for the campaign, anything will do for now since we're just starting off I think. Decals are the clincher here since it's hard to get hold of some.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just ask anyone of us if you need a translation Brian! We'll be glad to help. I've been itchin' to do something from Corregidor since I first visited the island a long time ago.

As for the campaign, anything will do for now since we're just starting off I think. Decals are the clincher here since it's hard to get hold of some.

Custom decals? Check the general modeling forum. I've posted there how to make custom decals
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 01:02 AM UTC
I tried to do a scout rangers as well. Maybe we used the same kit from Dragon. I came out fine but you have to improvise on the SC webbing and ammo belt. Tee next problem I encountered when I finished the figures was that it was too tall. if you have a 1:35 scale ruler. you will find that Dragon figures stand 2.00 meters tall in scale. They should be basketball player instead. (i made my scale ruler from an AUTOCAD printout). You cannot use the "fritz" helmet that comes with it as well because SC rarely use helmets at all. Tamiya figures come out in more realistic heights of 1.80 meters. The only problem is the details. All in all I was satisfied with my creation. Just don't look at the faces too closely. The point man in the kit looks like Mark Wahlberg.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama, Mondo!!! Kmusta dyan?
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 01:12 AM UTC
i really like to build a vignette of the MILF ...hey i am not trying to glorify this people just trying add it to my obscure collection . any good photo reference????
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i really like to build a vignette of the MILF ...hey i am not trying to glorify this people just trying add it to my obscure collection . any good photo reference????

There was ne 12" figure of an MILF Rebel back in the ToyCon...As for 1:35 scale...Hmm..I see you will need to do some "cross" using surplus parts from your previous models...

About that Scout Ranger, they use berets, right?

Yung Commandant nmin sa ROTC, pati yung iba nyang kasama, mga Ranger e...Pero hnde ko pa nakikita clang naka "black" na attire...Lagi na lang yung Battle Dress Attire na Camouflage yung suot nila...w/ matching lousy hat....
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 11:26 AM UTC
I mention my project (MILF Vignette) to a friend of mine.. Vince Wai.. we met during a figure painters meeting at THE SENTRY(model shop)... to get some pointers... considering na some 1/35th figures only feature caucasian figures (except of course Dragon's Vietcong) the best bet is to pick-up HORNET's asian figure set and some "green stuff" epoxy putty .. for sculpting my problem right now is good reference material...anybody knows were i can get good photos... ??
 _GOTOTOP