_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi everyone; newbie arrival
mark17h
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hi all, my name’s Mark, I’m 17 (last year of school) and I’ve been modelling since I was about 6 years old; my first model was an F-16 I made with my Grandfather (which I’ve still got). As a kid I tried out most types of modelling; mostly airplane models, with a few ship and car models mixed in, although I have recently been building mostly AFV’s. Because I’m still at school and don’t have a permanent modelling area I can only model during my holidays, meaning I don’t get through too many kits a year (kinda helpful on the teenager money front though). I consider myself quite a ‘childish’ modeller in that I’m not bothered in the slightest about historical or colour accuracy; after all, I make models for pleasure: if all I have for my panzer is an Allied accessory kit then my panzer is damn well going to have an Allied accessory kit. I respect hugely the sort of modeller who can superdetail their model with accurate colours, ensuring all parts are located on the variant they are building, but I do not have the time, money or patience to do this. So I make do with floundering about in a sea of massive, jaw-dropping inaccuracies. Most friends/family don’t notice anyway.

I’ve joined Armorama to plead for some help with my A-Level Design and Technology Coursework, in which I’m making a spray booth; part of my specification demands I make regular contact with ‘experts in the chosen field’ – so this forum is the perfect opportunity for me to pose questions and hopefully get answers from a very wide knowledge base. Please have a quick glance at my thread, and any help, however small it may seem, will be hugely welcomed. Thank-you.

Help Request: Spray Booth Coursework
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 08:20 AM UTC
Welcome to Kitmaker Mark.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 02:52 PM UTC
Welcome, this is a Great Place to be. milvehfan
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 04:03 PM UTC
Welcome Mark! Please ask any questions early and often! If I can be of any help to your project,let me know.
Cheers for air movement!
montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 244 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
hi and welcome
 _GOTOTOP