_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Iwata Hi-Line worth it?
zemzero
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 177 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:56 AM UTC
I'm looking to get a new airbrush and was thinking about getting an Iwata hp-bp, but was wondering if upgrading to a hi-line would be worth the money?

Does the Hi-line restrict air movement, so it can act as a single action brush if desired? For whoever has one, do you use the hi-line knob a lot?

Metal_blast
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 03:50 PM UTC
Hey,

I have an Iwata HP-CH.

To answer one of your questions, "do you use the hi-line knob a lot?"

Not particularly no. I still find adjusting air pressure from the air-regulator knob attached to my tank the best way in adjusting the pressure. It's great that the knob is there, but I really find no-use at the moment for it, as I usually mask off the camo scheme. Mind you, I've only been air-brushing for less then a year, so you might want someone more experienced to answer this question.

To answer another question, "Does the Hi-line restrict air movement, so it can act as a single action brush if desired?"

I've never dealt with a single action airbrush, but if you mean by just depressing the trigger and a constant air/ratio is coming out, then yes it does act like a single action brush if desired.

Finally, is "upgrading to a hi-line would be worth the money?"

Depending on your needs, it might be. Personally, the price difference between the HP-C plus and HP-CH was miniscule from where I pruchased mine from, so I said, why not? Seriously though, I guess it's all about convenience. For instance, if your air-regulator is more then a few feet from where your airbrushing your model it might be a hassle to move back and forth to regulate the pressure.
 _GOTOTOP