_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Micro Sol/Set
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hi all
I'm just starting to use these products for the first time and so far everything is ok.I need to apply a decal on top of another and it looks as though i'll need to use Micro set to get it down properly. My question is this : will i damage the first decal by applying micro set then another decal?
TIA
Regards
Peter
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:48 AM UTC
Hi 26W666. (hope I spelled your name right). I've used micro sol and set when aplying one decal over another and never had any problems. I always give plenty of time for the first decal to set properly, sometimes overnight before applying the second. I've found that some makes of decal are thinner than others and react differently so I tend to err on the side of caution when allowing setting times.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:26 AM UTC
I'm with brandydoguk. I've never experienced problems doing so too.
Ciao
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:29 AM UTC
The only thing you have to be careful of is the translusence of the second decal, I've had some problems with white strips (d-day invasion stripes) and usually I have had to resort to paint...which somehow defeats the purpose of the exercise..... Jim (++)
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:37 AM UTC
Hello Peter,
As the others have said, allow plenty of time for the first decal to dry. You may want to mist on a light coat of clear gloss, and then apply the second decal.
I have never had any problems with the "Micro's" decal solutions. One thing to remember, however.
MicroSet - sets the decal
MicroSol - is needed to get a stubborn decal to conform properly (Micro (dis) sol(ve))
If you use MicroSol, do not touch the decal until it is completely dry. I will wrinkled up, but leave it to dry.
HTH
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 08:05 AM UTC
Hi Chaps
Thanks for your replies,they,ve cleared things up nicely.What I have is a white decal that is nicely shrunk over some raised lettering that has to have a silver decal applied on top of the lettering.As i said earlier i've never used either product before and i'm amazed at how well it works.I actually wish i'd found out about it years ago.
Happy modelling
Peter
Army
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 96 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:03 PM UTC
I've done it before and have had no problems
 _GOTOTOP