TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
doomsday APC
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 1,086 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 10:42 PM UTC
hi guys, does anyone knows or can anyone identify the APC used in the movie "Doomsday"..? if so..is there any 1:35 scale kit of the APC. thanks alot. ed
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 04:51 PM UTC
hi guys, here's the photo of the vehicle...i got this from the this link...http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ytff1-msgr&p=doomsday%20movie&ei=UTF-8..thanks for checking.

Shot at 2008-08-13

thanks again. ed
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi Ed

I got this from the Internet Movie Database trivia section on the movie (imdb.com):

"The APC vehicles were manufactured with real steel plating and armor plated glass windscreens so that actors and stunt people could interact with them authentically. They took four or five weeks to design and ten weeks to build. Two were manufactured, and every piece of them was custom made."

It looks like they weren't stock vehicles to begin with and it's not likely that a model kit manufacturer has come out with something as yet, likely because the movie is too new.

Bob
liberator
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 01:23 PM UTC
hi L Cmndr Bob read, thanks for the information...i guess its the waiting to do now...i thought all the while it's a NBC German APC..upgraded or dressed up for the movie..the 8 wheelsed vehicle looks so massive and real. oh well...i'll just have to wait for the model to be release. hi and thanks again. ed