_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
what wire& HELP!!
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 04:56 AM UTC
ok guys..need some help...sugested wire sizes for repacement tie downs on 113s and m109..also some sources for lettering..you know the yellow lettering for ammo cans 155 rounds and such...also anybody have a spare m-60 turret with light...have a cmk m-728 conversion kit..not worth a poo-poo..all resin is screwed up..only thing salvageable is the damn boom and dozer blade...and last but not least...need interior decals or a source for them for the basic m-113
hope you all can help..

does anybody need the rubberband tracks for a 113..have a couple sets if ya needem

thanks Ray
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 05:05 PM UTC
oh sorry that was an A.E.F conversion kit
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 02:59 AM UTC
For the tiedowns, use what looks best. I know that's not very specific, but your eye is your best gague here. For the lettering, look at Archer Fine Transfers. These guys have lettering for just about everything. I'm working on a 113 now, I can use the tracks.

http://www.archertransfers.com/
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
as far as wire goes - I'd check out sabots motor pool gallery for size comparison.
Then I'd head to the hobby store or work bench and try and match the size. I rarely measure specifically what the size is on wire. I go by look and comparison to the surrounding detail.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
as far as wire goes - I'd check out sabots motor pool gallery for size comparison.
Then I'd head to the hobby store or work bench and try and match the size. I rarely measure specifically what the size is on wire. I go by look and comparison to the surrounding detail.
 _GOTOTOP