_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Paasche compressor trouble...
Shift911
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hi, I have a quick question about the compressor I have and hope somebody can find me a solution here. It is a D500SR with a regulator on it. Now, it has been a bit humid here lately, so I hoped the regulator would keep most of the condensed water out of the hose and airbrush, but it is not so. I can barley use it for a few minutes before it starts to spit water out of the airbrush and ruin whatever I was working on. It is a new compressor and water is condensing in the polycarbonate bowl, so I am a bit confused as to why it is not capturing all the water. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

Regards,

Marc
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 07:17 AM UTC
It's the amount of humidity........ as the air expands (going thru the hose and out the brush it releases more of the moisture that was compressed into it.

The easist solution would be to either add a phisical tank or a longer hose and another moisture trap after them before having the hose to the airbrush.
Shift911
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 04:56 PM UTC
Thanks Matt, the humidity eventually burned off later in the afternoon and everything was working fine again! I have a ~4-5ft hose on it, so I'll keep an eye out for some of your suggestions. Thanks again for the heads up.

-Marc
 _GOTOTOP