_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Help with up loading photo's
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 - 06:17 PM UTC
I'm having really big problems with up loading photo's . When I try to upload it tells me that I have no disk space , and I'm missing photo's of my D.V build . So I tried to upload them and same thing . How do I do this , makes no sence . If we can uupload 50 images a day and can't even do seven . How do I trans photo's to an album so I do have disk space . I'm so confused I'm nolonger making any sence
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC
I am aware that problems can occur when a very large file is submitted or a file format that is not supported, are you sure neither of these scenarios has occured? Either way I suggest you send a message to Tecnical support who I am sure will be able to correct your issue.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 03:38 AM UTC
Terri,
You had 2 photos already in your upload directory that were probably causing a problem when you tried to upload more. Gallery and photo manipulation on a server is probably one of the most complex online applications on the Internet, therefore these types of problems are pretty common. If you want "enterprise' level stuff you have to go to companies like PhotoBucket, but as my sister just told me this past week even they can be pretty confusing at times too.

That all said I have flushed (deleted) all the old user upload directories so that perhaps now you will not have an issue.

I can however recommend to ALL our users that they PRE-size and compress photos before uploading by using something like Photoshop or a myriad of other photo applications availble for Windows or Mac to get the file size down from the start. These online galleries (and web servers in general) where not really designed to manage large files (1+ mega bytes) well. Upload raw images from cameras at your own risk.

Thanks,
Jim
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 5,182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 242 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 03:51 AM UTC
Hi Jim and Terri (and the rest, too)

I noticed this issue and saw Terri's gallery, but the images online were previously edited... so this could have been a gremlin chewing something!!

A tip for all (if you already know, I am sorry):
If you use Photoshop here's my procedure:
- Open file
- Choose Image from the bar menu
- Scroll down to Image Size
- A pop-up will appear with the current pixel size and resolution
a) change resolution to 72dpi's
b) change size to 800x600 (if landscape)
- Apply changes
- Go to File menu on the bar
- Choose Save for Web
- You will be prompt to Image Ready screen
- Choose JPEG (jpg) type of file and play on the panes (you'll see the quality of the image) and also notice the size that the end file will have on the foot bar, When satisfied, save the file under a new name.
You are ready to upload the image on the kitmaker gallery, and thsi way also saves your precious gallery space

Hope this helps

Rui
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 02:34 PM UTC
Wow thanks guys for your help and comments .
 _GOTOTOP