_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Not another flat tire!
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 09:39 AM UTC
Does anyone know how I can have the effect of a flat tire on the AFV Club rubber tires that are in the M35A1 GT, Cargo truck, or Fuel Truck. there all the same but thats what kits the tires come in.

Thanks,
Mike
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:18 AM UTC
Hmmm....I think I might try to heat a tire up carefully to the point it is about to melt, and push it down on a flat surface. That might work. Try it on an old tire first though! You could use a candle or a hair dryer, or heat gun. Just don't rush the process.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:23 AM UTC
The rubber has a low melting point and once it's there it really blobs on you. Test test test.

I might even try to do a plaster cast of a tire and use that and use a file and knife to carve a flat.

Potentially try AM there are lots of products there
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:58 AM UTC
Mike you can flatten the tires on the AFV Club by heat a knife blde or flat screwdriver blade. when the blade is real hot press it against the tire and it will spread the rubber to give the appearance of being flat. I use this method all the time. This is the method I used on the pohotos I sent you of the last Journey. Try it on an old spare tire first to get the hang of it.
 _GOTOTOP