_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
airbrush... the saga continues!!!!!!
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:27 AM UTC
Im looking into getting my first airbrush, ive read the threads on this site and to be honest its still a little confusing.
So what im asking is, whats a good first airbrush, thats available in the uk? im not to concerned about price because i'd rather get one that i can use for some time and is suitable for beginners and more advanced begginers!!!
I usuallt paint figures, armour and dioramas
cheers guys
Martin
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:34 AM UTC
The Badger 175 Cresendo is a good airbrush.. it is rugged and durable, fairly easy to clean and will spray just about anything............ i've been using one for about 6 months and I think its great.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 07:43 AM UTC
Aztek 470 over here... very nice, dual action en easy, yes very easy to clean. Using the special jars allow you to change paint without cleaning.

I bought it a few months ago and I simply love it.
gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 08:19 AM UTC
I agree with Eagle. I am a relative beginner and bought the Aztec 470 . I spray acrylic paint with it for the most part.

Pros: you can use Model Master , PollyScale and Testors paint bottles hooked directly to the airbrush so if you don't want to use a dropper or pipette to transfer paint from your paint bottle to your airbrush bottle, this is really handy. I usually keep a few key colors that I use often,. thinned and in their original bottles, ready to go.

Very easy to use and clean. It is very forgiving and the brush feels comfortable in your hand. I have the cleaning jar but never really use it - with acrylics, just as easy to switch to a botle of warm water to blowout any paint and then switch to another paint color after clean.

Dual action is easy to learn on this airbrush.

Relatively inexpensive.

Cons: their isn't a real fine tip for acrylics (not that I have needed one so far).

One other tip - if you are still confused, go to your local hobby club or hobby store and have them show you a few - even try one out . I have found that here in the US, both of these groups are more than willing to do this.

Hope this helps - GR8Voyager
 _GOTOTOP