_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Avoid this ebay seller
RottenFuhrer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 284 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 05:29 PM UTC
I just wanted everyone to know I would highly recommend you avoid ordering anything from the ebay Hong Kong seller model_detailer. They deceptively sell items that they don't have in stock and keep your money. Have a good weekend and cheers to all.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,015 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 06:36 PM UTC
Thanks for the Heads-Up on this...Glad I dont deal with Ebay , thats just one of the reasons.
milvehfan
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 01:35 AM UTC
For every one bad egg, there are thousands of great sellers on eBay with great deals on stuff every day.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They deceptively sell items that they don't have in stock and keep your money.

Many legit online retailers work in the same manner - the obvious difference being they actually then source the product and ship it to you.

When did you place your order/make your purchase?
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 02:17 AM UTC
I buy probably 70% of my models, aircraft, automotive, and military from eBay. I have bought stuff from all over the world, especially Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, China, and Japan and with about 1200 transactions had one non delivery, from within the US, that cost me about $11.00 and another I cancelled payment on after 29 days from Russia.

Whenever buying ANYTHING over eBay that you feel uncertain about, whether it's from another country or a substantial amount of money, pay with a credit card thru PayPal. If the item doesn't arrive within 30 days you can call the card company and cancel the payment. It is VERY easy to do. If you pay via bank transfer that money is almost impossible to get back.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just wanted everyone to know I would highly recommend you avoid ordering anything from the ebay Hong Kong seller model_detailer. They deceptively sell items that they don't have in stock and keep your money. Have a good weekend and cheers to all.

I did a search for this seller, and according to the results there is no such eBay user ID.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 02:24 AM UTC
Your order could be on back order . have you contacted them ? Did you use PayPal or other payment method . I do know how feel about this . I have been burned two times now on e-bay and will nolonger do anymore business on that site .
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 03:32 AM UTC
Ebay is not the problem when you get burnt like this.

Really it is up to you, the buyer...if you see something you like, and want to buy, take 2 mins and check out the seller's feedback, anything less than 95% and I stay away from. However when looking at the feedback, don't just look at the number, look at when the last time they got a negative, and try to go back through their feedback listings to see why the negative was given. Could be the fact that it was a customer that not matter what you do, the seller just cannot keep them happy.

Personally I pride myself on having a 100% feedback, but even someone with a feedback of 98%, but has over 10000 transactions, that means that 200 transactions out of those 10000 were bad for one reason or another, so now imagine 95%.....that is 500 transactions out of 10000, may not seem like much to some people, but Murphy's law says that I am liable to be one of those 5% that will get screwed.

So take the time, look at the feedback before you commit to buying something, it can help you keep from getting taken on Ebay.
pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ebay is not the problem when you get burnt like this.

Roger that! eBay is only the pool that the sharks swim in. Objecting to it is like objecting to paper because you've seen something offensive printed on it.

It's the sellers and the buyers that make eBay what it is - no matter how much effort is put in to making it safe, some bugger will always find a way round it. So long as you keep that in mind - exactly as you would with any other transaction where you don't see the whites of the other guy's eyes - there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it.
RottenFuhrer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 284 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2008 - 03:47 AM UTC
I buy tons of crap off of Ebay and I love ebay its just this seller. I bought this item four weeks ago and their feedback score is not bad about 97%. I am not sure about the exact syntax on the seller's name but I can certainly provide it if someone really wants it.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 03:26 AM UTC
I use Ebay allot for stuff of all kinds and been burned twice but paypal made it good on the money part so I will just chalk it up to experience.
 _GOTOTOP