_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Yet another pic posting question
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 420 Posts
KitMaker Network: 108 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 04:03 PM UTC
Last night I posted two pictures in the "On the Eastern Front" Campaign thread, page 6, 5:43pm BST. The pictures posted, but they were about 1/4 the size of a regular picture one would see in an entry. I used the step-by-step method given by Merlin in his "Posting Pictures in the Forum" thread.
Can the pictures already posted be made bigger? and is there something I need to do to prevent this from happening again? as I want to post more as my build progresses. Do I need to take a different size picture? Should I re-size them with a different program? or was something messed up in translation?
Cheers, BillK
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 09:48 PM UTC
OK Bill, I posted the larger ones for you.

Instead of copy and pasting the writing under the photo, I right click on the larger photo, get the properties, then copy and paste that url address between the [ img ] [ /img ] brackets, without the spaces

ex: --- "http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/000_16371.JPG" ----is the address for the larger photo without the "" "" marks

ex: "http://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/500/thumbs/000_16371.JPG" --- is the url address for the thumbnail without the "" "" marks

ex:
or
ex:

I've been told you can also simply remove thumbs from the address, but getting the right address for the larger photo seems easier for me.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 420 Posts
KitMaker Network: 108 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 12:04 PM UTC
Thanks Dave!
I didn't even see "thumbs" in the address..D'OH!

Anyway, it seems to make sense. If I'm successful next time then I will definitely say it makes sense.
 _GOTOTOP