_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Models in Filipino markings
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 01:53 PM UTC
Mayroon na ba ditong mga modellers na nakagawa na ng models in Filipino markings? Or are planning to do them? Post about them here!

Kung mayroon kayong pictures, post niyo rin!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 01:57 PM UTC
Models in Filipino markings that I wanna do:

Philippine Air Force aircraft ->

Bell UH-1H Huey
Vought F8H (actually "P")
F5A Freedom Fighter
OV-10 Bronco (heavily used in bombing the MILF and Abu Sayyaf!)
F-86F Sabre (correct me if i'm wrong)
F-86D Dog Sabre

Civilian vehicles ->

various cars/trucks/vans/buses in the current MMDA sky-blue liverie
Marcos Era Love Bus
San Miguel Beer delivery trucks
Cars with the new Rizal Monument lisence plates

Hehehe.... wala, trip lang ito.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 02:11 PM UTC
The OV-10 first. Then I want to do a V-150.
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 03:27 PM UTC
ay... don't forget! The C-130!
Fritz
Visit this Community
entire network: 495 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 08:58 PM UTC
Mga pre tandaan nyo............last time na narinig ko nag-iisa na lang ang gumagana nating C-130!!!!!!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 09:16 PM UTC
hahaha... baka naman one at a time lang nagagamit kasi walang pang-gasolina! #:-)

May humvee nga pala ang PA
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 09:39 PM UTC
Not in this site (maybe) but there's a Filipino modeller who built his OV-10A Bronco with PAF markings. He has a site, the exact URL I dunno. Use google and search for OV-10 Bronco PAF decals. There's a company out there that sells OV-10A Bronco PAF decals, forgot the company name though.

I have an idea of doing one model for each branch of our armed forces and giving that model to them (in AFP markings of course), e.g. OV-10A Bronco for the 15th Strike Wing, LVTP-5 for the Philippine Marines, MD-520 Defender for another PAF unit, a UH-1 in PAF/PA markings, an F-5 in PAF markings, etc. etc.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:08 AM UTC
I'm planning to make an A10-A Thunderbolt II, Harrier II, Nighthawk and Raptor all with a Phil flag in their tails. Too bad, walang ganong armament ang Pinas! Nakakainis!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not in this site (maybe) but there's a Filipino modeller who built his OV-10A Bronco with PAF markings. He has a site, the exact URL I dunno. Use google and search for OV-10 Bronco PAF decals. There's a company out there that sells OV-10A Bronco PAF decals, forgot the company name though.

I have an idea of doing one model for each branch of our armed forces and giving that model to them (in AFP markings of course), e.g. OV-10A Bronco for the 15th Strike Wing, LVTP-5 for the Philippine Marines, MD-520 Defender for another PAF unit, a UH-1 in PAF/PA markings, an F-5 in PAF markings, etc. etc.

Very noble idea, hehe. Sayang, less than a month na lang bago mag Independence Day. Do you guys think we can organize a model exhibit of Filipino vehicles for next year?

wala, nangangarap lang! hehehehe
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 03:49 PM UTC
yeh, V150...i remember that verlinden use to have it in resin... tapos kinopya namin ... pero it needs a lot work.. regarding sa planes my fellow member..from the now defunct SMCP(scale modelers club of the philippines)built a prop-plane (what was that plane?????...can somebody refresh me on that)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 04:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yeh, V150...i remember that verlinden use to have it in resin... tapos kinopya namin ... pero it needs a lot work.. regarding sa planes my fellow member..from the now defunct SMCP(scale modelers club of the philippines)built a prop-plane (what was that plane?????...can somebody refresh me on that)

Ummm, maraming prop planes ang Pinas! Although the oldest ones still used until recently (the tora-tora, as they said) were P-51D Mustangs.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 04:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yeh, V150...i remember that verlinden use to have it in resin... tapos kinopya namin ... pero it needs a lot work..

Cool! May copies pa kayo ng V-150 na yan? May nakita akong Verlinden na gawa na sa www.guntruck.com. Solid resin daw ang hull! Sana magrelease ang one of the big companies nito.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 04:38 PM UTC
hey can you wait mga 3 yrs from now siguro pag umuwi ako hahahah... grabe i left all my kits sa pinas.. but if really need it yun gumawa nang mold might help you ...but a word of advise ..NEGOSYANTE yun ..just a friendly advise..
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 04:41 PM UTC
OK lang. KURIPOT din naman ako mwahaha! #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:36 PM UTC
The P-51D the 'tora-tora'? I always thought it was a radial engined plane, not a piston (?) engined like the P-51. We had P-51s though before. Maybe the tora tora was the A-4 Skyraider? Or one of the WW2 carrier planes? Not sure. See, I'm no good with those winged thingys. :-)

I seem to recall an Italeri V-150. I'm not sure. Or maybe I got that mixed up with the LAV...

Or we could scratchbuild a Simba? :-) Head to Subic where they're assembled. I heard there's development of a stretched Simba. I dunno if that's true. Looking at the BRDM, one can use Dragon's BRDM as a base for the Simba - just slap sheet styrene all over it! :-) They have roughly the same dimensions.

Lattex - in case your interested, there's an Italeri 1:48 C-130 at Accurate Model Shop at Southmall. :-)
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The P-51D the 'tora-tora'? I always thought it was a radial engined plane, not a piston (?) engined like the P-51. We had P-51s though before. Maybe the tora tora was the A-4 Skyraider? Or one of the WW2 carrier planes? Not sure. See, I'm no good with those winged thingys. :-)

I seem to recall an Italeri V-150. I'm not sure. Or maybe I got that mixed up with the LAV...

Or we could scratchbuild a Simba? :-) Head to Subic where they're assembled. I heard there's development of a stretched Simba. I dunno if that's true. Looking at the BRDM, one can use Dragon's BRDM as a base for the Simba - just slap sheet styrene all over it! :-) They have roughly the same dimensions.

Lattex - in case your interested, there's an Italeri 1:48 C-130 at Accurate Model Shop at Southmall. :-)

1:48 C-130? Tangna ang laki nun!

The radial tora-tora is the P-26 Peashooter. This is the one used by the PAF war heroes when the war first broke out. The PAF did acquire P-51s after the war however. We also had an Italian made prop fighter (T-126) or something? Forgot. Saw that one in the PMA campus in Baguio last month. Of course, Italian planes are not to be trusted (remember the S-211 that always went down on "pilot error"? )

I dont think we ever had an A4 Skyraider. For more info go to http://www.paf.mil.ph

I wonder what happened to the PAF F86 Sabres?
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:11 AM UTC
THANKS FOR INFO(ON THE PAF WEBSITE)..NOW I REMEMBER IT WAS THE T-6 TEXAN THAT HE BUILT.. HE HAVE DONE SOME MINOR CHANGES ON THE MONOGRAM KIT AND HE ENTERED HIS ENTRY IN THE DEFENSE AND AMMUNITION FAIR(WAS IT 1992??!!) ..I REMEMBER ENTERING MY MERKAVA MK.2 (WALA PANG ACADEMY NA KIT NUON)MADE SOME MAJOR CHANGES .. KIT BASH AND SCRATCHBUILT (ARMOR PLATE ..CHAIN BALLS ON THE REAR OF THE TURRET..) SAKA I ENTERED AN ISRAELI M113 AFV..SA FIGURES NAMAN I ENTERED A 1/35TH PLO WITH A RPG(CONVERTED FROM A DRAGON -ISRAELI INFANTRY FIGURES -- I'LL TRY TO SCAN THEM ALA PANG DIGITAL CAMERA.. NUON.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:39 AM UTC
Blitz: Defense and ammo show in '92? Now you really hit my Memory Refresh button! I remember going to a Defense and ammo show in that time also. Early 90s. Was it done at Philcite or was it PTTC? Can't really recall the place but I remember going there with me dad - bugged him to go see it because I heard there were models there. Saw a few - mainly aircraft. Really small world.

Lattex - yup 1/48 C-130. No kidding. I forgot to check the price, though. Also huge is a PBY Catalina flying boat also at 1/48. I remember seeing a 1/48 AC-130 Spectre Gunship at the Ayala Museum years and years ago. Fantastic build. As for the F-86 Sabres, some are at Villamor Airbase at the musuem. In Subic - or Clark? - one can see an A-7 (or F-6?) Corsair II on a stand, gear up.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 04:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Blitz: Defense and ammo show in '92? Now you really hit my Memory Refresh button! I remember going to a Defense and ammo show in that time also. Early 90s. Was it done at Philcite or was it PTTC? Can't really recall the place but I remember going there with me dad - bugged him to go see it because I heard there were models there. Saw a few - mainly aircraft. Really small world.

Lattex - yup 1/48 C-130. No kidding. I forgot to check the price, though. Also huge is a PBY Catalina flying boat also at 1/48. I remember seeing a 1/48 AC-130 Spectre Gunship at the Ayala Museum years and years ago. Fantastic build. As for the F-86 Sabres, some are at Villamor Airbase at the musuem. In Subic - or Clark? - one can see an A-7 (or F-6?) Corsair II on a stand, gear up.

yup philcite i hope you remember that on the traffic circle or the main entrance of philcite there was a Marines amphibious vehicle the LARC... so did it refresh your memory..??
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 04:48 PM UTC
Wawa nmn Pinas...T_T

Bakit kaya wala tayong sariling weapons R&D projects? Import lang tayo ng import sa ibang bansa...At inaadopt lang natin yung mga methods nila..Wawa nmn tayo...

Wala rin tayong sariling armor - lahat parang adapted lang sa US...T_T

Sana nmn magka-budget tayo sa defense...Wala lang...Para astig...^_^ Atsaka kung magkaroon tayo ng weapons development eh malamang magkakaroon din ng mga models na Pilipino!

Yay!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wawa nmn Pinas...T_T

Bakit kaya wala tayong sariling weapons R&D projects? Import lang tayo ng import sa ibang bansa...At inaadopt lang natin yung mga methods nila..Wawa nmn tayo...

Wala rin tayong sariling armor - lahat parang adapted lang sa US...T_T

Sana nmn magka-budget tayo sa defense...Wala lang...Para astig...^_^ Atsaka kung magkaroon tayo ng weapons development eh malamang magkakaroon din ng mga models na Pilipino!

Yay!

Uy meron ding sariling vehicles yung pinas a! Yung Jeep. Tapos yung gun daw na pagpumutok parang nahuhulog lang yung bullets
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 06:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The A-7 lookalike is actually an F-8 Crusader.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:47 AM UTC
Blitz: the LARC - now I can't remember that anymore. :-) But I do remember going to an arms expo at around that time frame. IIRC, they were also showing 'cluster bombs' but really just 150lb(?) bombs on a rack, not the real cluster munitions. IIRC there was I think even a 105mm howitzer and some AAA as well, not sure though.

Lonewolf: R&D way too expensive. We can't simply afford it. With regard to armor, we don't need MBTs (unless we plan on invading Sabah and China). Perhaps the Stingray? That'd be nice but I still don't see a need for any kind of tank - though we do have Scorpions (Scimitars?) in our inventory. What we do need are fighters - lots of them - SAMs and ships.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 12:45 PM UTC
Regarding R&D, we can go the way of the Israelis who bought a lot of secondhand weapons, vehicles and planes and adapted them to their needs. I was really glad to know that the Simba is locally assembled even though the design and the technology is not ours. Our armor industry is world-class as proven by the Pope when he visited us. Our parts manufacturing industries are also at par with the rest as shown by a recent Saksi special that showcased the Philippine Air Force and the parts they contracted from a local talyer at 10% of the US-made parts prices. Little by little we'll get to a point where we can start developing our own weapons.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:44 PM UTC
We'd be happy if we had our very own steel industry. As of now, we mainly import steel. The NSC is defunct/inoperational and the bureaucracy running it makes the steel it produced quite expensive compared to those being imported from Russia, et. al. Having our very own integrated steel industry would help (in a way) produce what we need - airframes, armor, etc.

With regard to Israel, it can afford its R&D thanks mainly to US aid. Without it, they'd be having a hard time funding their military-industrial complex. IIRC, they receive around $40 billion (more or less I think) of aid from the US, that plus hardware like the F-15s, etc. Their economy right now isn't all that rosy, and is mainly dependent on the US. Us on the otherhand do not have such an arrangement with the US. A possible solution is 'diversifying' our sources, i.e. not being solely dependent on the US for arms, thus opening ourselves to the idea of having Russian/East European equipment, which is quite cheap. This is what Malaysia is doing - they got the PT-71 (or was it PT-91?) Twardy (a Polish modified T-72, the word means 'Hard' or 'Strong') but did a lot of things with it (powerpack IIRC, plus FCS and other stuff making it a bit different and improvement over the basic Twardy). Or we could have lease arrangements like Sweden with their initial order of Leo2A4s from Germany. The problem really is the lack of funds even with all the 'cheap' goodies out there, plus the politics, etc. etc.
 _GOTOTOP