Club @ National Museum of the Marine Corps
pjmooney
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 107 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 03:35 AM UTC
Friends,

Just an FYI that we have started a new modeling club at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, Virginia - just outside the main gates for the Base. I am on staff at the museum (therefore, "the host with the most") and we have an elected set of officers. We've just submitted our IPMS charter as well.

We hold our meeting in the classroom of the museum on the FOURTH Wednesdays of each month, (next meeting is 23 July), starting at 1800 and ending at 2030. If you come for the meeting, just tell the guard at the desk you came for the meeting and he'll direct you back to our classroom.

We have named ourselves the MAGTF Modelers (Marine-speak for Marine Air Ground Task Force) and are, obviously, a military-themed club - lots of tread-heads and Grunts with military figure painters and aircraft (aka TARGETS) modelers as well. Our website (under construction) is www.magtfmodelers.org

Everyone is invited to attend - we're halfway between Richmond and DC - and if you are in the area, drop me a note and come on in...the more the merrier. Any questions, I am happy to answer and hope to see some of you guys at IPMS Nats and at our museum.

S/F

Pat
 _GOTOTOP