_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Writing articles for your models..........
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 01:57 AM UTC
I am trying to do a write up for my Panzer IV J in 1/72nd scale and the problem I am having is at the end, "conclusion". What or how should I finish the article in the "conclusion" section? I am by no means even close to being finish with my model, the article is being written as I go along with the building of the kit. So while I was having a modelers block or just taking a break, I decided to start to work on the final section of my write up, the "conclusion". Is there a way to finish an article so that what you have read in that article will all be tied together in the end? I hope I have made myself clear to what I am asking for.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:26 AM UTC
Wolfleader

What you can do for the end conclusion is: You could tell something about how you experienced building this vehicle. Your recommendations about the kit. Is it worth the money. Further you could thank anybody that helped you by answering questions and more of that kind of stuff

just a guess

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:34 AM UTC
in conclusion.. deffently give your impression of the kit... tell what you thought was fun... or what you think was the worst.. any misc. comments on the build.. such as fit and maybe a listing of any research material you used...

things of that nature..............
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
Yea - that's about it. Wrap your experience with it from an over all perspective. Provide a recommendation on the kit maybe from a detail perspective (did it lend itself to a rivet counter), fun persepctive (ease of build, or subject), cost perspective.
Maybe toss in a few comments you saw from others (reference them if you quote them).
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:53 AM UTC
I agree with what was posted above. You may want to checkout the published articles that are here on the site and see how they did their conclusion.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:47 AM UTC
besides your impressions discuss overall time it took to complete. Go over any important points someone may need to use in deciding whether to tackle the project or buy the kit. list in brief any AM kits or scraatch buit parts you needed to make .lastly list all references in a sort of bibliography and dont forget stores you bought from. Reputation for them means money

Josh WEingarten aka shiryon
 _GOTOTOP