Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Sorry Germany, Italy, Russia etc. etc.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 10:50 AM UTC
SPAIN, CHAMPIONS....
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:02 AM UTC
Congratulations to Spain. Well deserved and about time they lifted a trophy .
Andy
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:44 AM UTC
Marvilloso!!!... Viva Espana, viva el niņo ! It's been too long for Spanish supporters.

Frank
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:14 PM UTC
A deserved win ... Spain played consistently well throughout, and their speed and technical play, will hopefully set a new tempo for top flight football.
It was a good tournament overall ... and good to see attacking football get its just rewards. Well done Spain
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 02:04 PM UTC
Congratulations to Spain.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 09:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It was a good tournament overall ... and good to see attacking football get its just rewards. Well done Spain

...and also seeing the 'style' of Italy punished for being everything which is Anti-Football.

Best last night was watching the shell-shocked faces of the Germans. As someone once said, 'football is a game played by 22 players - where the Germans always win...'

Perhaps now, the time for attacking and stylish football has arrived - Russia, Turkey, Holland and Spain were incredibly attractive to watch - Germany, France and Italy have now imploded...
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 10:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...and also seeing the 'style' of Italy punished for being everything which is Anti-Football.

Couldnīt agree more. Greece were another perfect example, of how to gett football strategies wrong, and cost them dearly. The former champions, must be very embarrased today. Sweden were also very dissapointing .... showing again defensive tactics failed miserably ... they had the lowest shots on target per team.
For both being former world champions, France and Italy are the biggest flops in my books also ... and although I think Germany are a better team than both of these, they didnīt show the same will to win as Spain, Russia and Turkey ... the three teams that light up this tournament.

So now theres no football for a few weeks, and all we have is the Ronaldo situation ... will he stay or will he go?? Arsenalīs Adebayor is now threatening to jump ship to Barcelona .... wondering if it really is all about holding their clubs (and fans) to ransom.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Arsenalīs Adebayor is now threatening to jump ship to Barcelona ....

Pretty much a done deal at the 'bargain' price of €30+ Million. Also, the President of the club (Barįa) is facing a vote of confidence which will probably succeed. If he's succeded by Sandro Rosell, expect to see some ENORMOUS changes in the Camp Nou...

As to Spain, the succesor to Aragones has already been named - Del Bosque who had a superb run at Real Madrid..
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:43 PM UTC
Ola guys

And the spanish based people in special. Congratulations on your win. Great job...
For me spain was the only team that played a very good style and managed to hold it strong till the last match. Which is how you win tournaments.
It was an enjoyable tournament. A lot of ruprises and some lesser surprises too. Spain, Turkey and Russia were for me the biggest surprises. They all played energetic and adventurous... resulting in really fun to watch matches.
Greece was a disgrace over the complete tournament. It was pretty much the definition of Antifootball. It was even worse then the Germans. Both Italy and France did not impress... France did even impress less then Italy. I hope for the WC they will change their tactics to the faster and attacking style that Football seems to be developing to.
Holland started out as being no favourite (finally after years) and did play well for the first two matches. But you could see they could not keep up the quick football. Which was a shame really. Guus Hiddink deserved to win. It was sad that Russia did not show the same spirit in their second match against Spain. It was almost like looking at the match of Holland Russian except Russia took the role of Holland.

Oh well we'll see. In 2 years time.. the whole circus moves down to South Africa for the WC. I hope that van Marwijk the new coach of the Dutch will do some drastic improvements. but still manages to keep the nice playing style against Italy and France. For spain... it must have been a really big party yesterday... And they deserved it more then anyone else. So again congrats on the winning of the EC
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 01:27 AM UTC
I must admit (like 46 million others) being surprised when they won. The first round was faultless and then, against Russia, they began to look unbeatable.

Why though, did the German Federation host a party? Am I missing something here?
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 02:55 AM UTC
The German goalkeeper was quoted on the BBC news website as saying that the referee was biased towards the Spanish. I think if thatīs the way he really saw things then he will DEFINATELY fail an analysis for psycotropic substances because HE got away with murder . I must add that any criticism directed at Italian football should also be noted that the best Italian to set foot on a field was Pierluigi (the hills have eyes) Colina ,a man whose honesty,integrity & reputation is cosmically above any mandarin of international football associations.