_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Night Visions FAQ
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 05:35 AM UTC
Does anyone know if the DVD that Adam Wilder and Mig Jimenez are selling will be available in NTSC format? I see on their site that its in PAL format.

Thanks.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 10:44 PM UTC
I can (pretty) categorically, say NO. It was explained by Miguel (Mig) himself a few weeks ago - it's a small company which simply can't afford to produce two versions and, since the technical production of two versions would mean a large capital investment they don't feel it can be financially justified.

Saying that, there IS very good news for those in the U.S. - the price, when it's released, will be pretty much along the lines of that paid in Europe - you won't be asked to re-mortgage your house to pay for it. When the first came out in the States, the price was excessive - from now on, the situation of pricing has been satisfactorily resolved...
ANPW
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 - 01:10 AM UTC
Dear Tapper

Our larger market is here in Europe including the Eastern European countries and, as you know, they all use a PAL system. Customers with the PAL system represent about 80% of our sales. Our camera is also set up to record for the PAL System. We can switch this format but we will need to record all of the voices over again and this will be expensive. If we can sell enough DVDs to make recording in both systems economical we will do so.

The Chinese are now manufacturing players that will run all types of DVDs. My parents back in the US actually watched The Pigments DVD on both their TV and PC. Almost everyone in the US does have a PC.

Again, in the future we might be able to change our format depending on the demand.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely
ANPW
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 - 07:02 AM UTC
Thanks guys!
 _GOTOTOP