_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need a Sikorsky H-34
the_cadre
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hi everyone, sorry to be a pain.

I'm planning a small vignette, which will be in 1:35 or 1:32 scale. I will sculpt the figures as they will be a group of children. I'm after a Sikorsky H-34 so I can use part of it as a central focus to the scene. I have seen a couple in smaller scale, but just wondered if any of you guys know if this chopper is available in 1:35 or 1:32 scale.

Many thanks in advance for your help, even if it's not available, it would be good to know.

Roy.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 09:17 AM UTC
Unfortunately, no. A large scale H-34 is on many modellers' list as a want. The largest scale H-34 made was the old 1/48 Revell kit which is long out of production. Additionally, the molds were damaged a while back and no more can be made. The only ones out there are the 1/72 kits by Italeri and Hobby Boss.

Could you use any other helo for your dio? There are 1/32 and 1/35 UH-1D/H models. 1/35 UH-1B and C models. A couple 1/35 OH-13/Bell-47s. 1/32 and 1/35 OH-6 Loaches. There are others too. If you tell us your idea we can help you out.

Also, check out the Rotary Wing Forum at Aeroscale, Armorama's aircraft site. Just click on Aeroscale above in the Switch Sites box. Lost of helo knowledge and great guys there that can help you out more.
the_cadre
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 08:05 PM UTC
Many thanks for the helpful reply Gino.
I can understand the H-34 being on the wanted list.
For the small vignette, I had in mind some young children playing in the wrekage of one of these. It was just a thought and I've made no start or solid plans yet, but it's one I'd really like to do in the future. I will take a look at some of the other options you've mentioned, and I will certainly take a look at the Rotary Wing Forum at Aeroscale. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Roy.
 _GOTOTOP