Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Need a website hosting recommendation!
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:05 AM UTC
I want to build a personal website/blog for my hobbies (model building and firearms collecting). I don't know any html language or anything like that so I need a host that is easy to work with and has on-line tools to help me build the site. My preference is something free but a service with a monthly fee isn't out of the question.

The site content will be build logs and photographs, walk around photos and reviews.

My intent is to use the website as a point of consolidation for my work. I can do my builds, reviews, etc and store the information on the personal website and then easily post it on Armorama. Right now, I have stuff scattered throughout Armorama and a little bit on Finescale.com and don't really know what I have where. I think a personal site will help me be more organized and more productive. It will help me submit quality content to armorama.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for your time.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC
Brent,
We use GoDaddy for this site's servers. They have a lot of plans from like $10 and up. Their customer service is not the greatest but luckily their servers are pretty reliable and well managed.

Long ago I also use to favor PHPwebhosting.com as they only charge $10 and give you quite a lot of features (for web devs like me).

Cheers,
Jim