_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Is Hobbysearch an OK store?
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
Hi,

I've been contemplating about investing in a new airbrush for some time, and a fellow modeler praised this short-bodied Wave EZ-500 airbrush. Gravity-fed, single-action, spray pattern adjusted with a dial in the rear of the body.
That would be a good tool for those tight spots in smaller scales, like mottled camo and such.

Seems to be a pretty obscure manufacturer outside Asia, as it took some looking unitl I found it at Hobbysearch.

Has anyone experience of Hobbysearch, is it a good & reliable place to do shopping?

Thanks in advance.
:-H

Ps. Btw, I've learned something about Asian airbrushes from my searching and looking around online stores: If I ever start looking forward to buying an Iwata, I'll order it online. Around 80€ for ABs costing over 260€ here!
That's significantly cheaper even with added shipping costs and possible ALVs.

Edit:
Sorry, I posted this to the wrong section (tools & supplies), it fits better here, as my question is not about the tool itself, but the store I'm thinking about purchasing it from.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 07:20 AM UTC
I don't know anything about that airbrush.
I order all the time from Hobby Search, though. I like IJA armor and their prices on Finemolds kits are half of other shops. Hobby Search is totally legit and provide excellent service and very reasonable shipping rates. Order with confidence!
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 08:34 AM UTC
Thanks, that just what I wanted to hear before placing an order to a store I haven't bought from before.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 - 06:26 AM UTC
You are welcome Eetu, anytime!
 _GOTOTOP