Discuss general weathering topics here.
MiG Productions Pigments Tips?
Gstealer
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2003 - 03:57 AM UTC
I picked up the MiG Pigment set a couple of weeks ago, and I've been playing around with them, but I'm not sure how to work with these exactly. I want to use them on a near finished kit, but I'm leery of messing it up.

Does anyone have any tips/ hints on using these other than what is in the little booklet that came with them. There was a posting over at ML that there was an article out soon, but I'm an impatient kinda guy.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Doug
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 851 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2003 - 05:19 AM UTC
What is it about the pigments that you want to know exactly? They can be applied dry, with water or with iopropyl alchol. You can use water or alcohol ot mix up a kind of paste for mad or you can do a pseudo "wash" with the pigments, heavily diluted in water. You just have to exerpiment with them according to the desired result.

Andrew

BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2003 - 05:24 AM UTC
They can be used as pastel chalks. Just rub them on where you want the pigment. Like rust streaks. Find a spot where you want rust streaks and pick up a little rust pigment with an old paintbrush and brush it on, then scrub it down from the rust spot. Blow off the excess and you have rust streaks. Or you can mix it into a paste like Obe said, maybe make mud with it and apply it like regular mud. I think the most important things Mig says is to experiment and find your own technique. Practice on an old model and perfect on your new one.

Rob
 _GOTOTOP