_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Order nighmare which came from the web.
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 512 Posts
KitMaker Network: 79 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hi folks,

got a curious topic for yall.. I'm sure some of you if not all of us have surfed the net finding model stores an people who sell thier collected stuff.. right .. sure.. well what happens when you order from them.. and then they start acting like you never orderd from them ? ahh..makes a person get alil gunshy bout online ordering huh ?? Well I'm sure some of you have orderd from Jadar-Model.. if you havent.. I would not recomend them. for this reason alone... I was turnd to the web site.. and I was overly pleased to see they had some books that I wasnt finding else where. So I orderd all of them plus some extra lil details for My model kits I have here at home on hand. This order was placed 2 wks ago.. Sadly they did not have 1 of the model kits I wanted instock so I changed it out with a couple other items.. Now I get an email an the gent acts like I never place any order with him. I have more detaild info an I've taken up enough time of yall with reading this.. .. in short..how would some of yall react to this.. an btw.. the cost of all this is around 150 usd.. may not be alot to some but its a great deal to Me.

Chris
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
That's a nice chunk of change! I have had experiences where shipping was long and drawn out. Never with no idea of an order. I will stay away from them. Easier to avoid known concern areas.

Thanks for sharing. I hope it all works out for you.
JPeiper
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 317 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC
My requirements are usually pretty mudane so I stick with the bigger guys like VLS, Great Model, and Squadron. I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with all of them. Great Model has been really great with getting my orders out fast.

When I have run in to trouble with ebay sellers, I have given them many many chances to fix. Usually, it's a delay on the shipment. If it is realy bad, I ask them to refund the shipping charge. That usually works and I have gotten other freebees thrown in, too.

I guess one piece of advice would be to continue to talk with them to get it resolved. Can you revoke your payment?
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:26 AM UTC
I'm with Pieper, I stick with guys I know or people in N. America. No offense to anyone else, but I heard numerous horror stories from places that were behind the Iron Curtin. Some seem to take strange payment methods as well.
HOWEVER..... everyone I've ever bought from or traded with on a an idividual basisfrom around the world has been great. Never had a problem...

Nate
Wisc. USA
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 04:43 AM UTC
I ordered from Jadar over a year ago and it went fine. They even replaced a sprocket for my PT-76 that broke. Granted, I was pretty anal about it, and dealt via mail, not email...
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 05:23 AM UTC
well a new twist to the order just came thur.. I simply asked for a total listing of My order.. so I could double check it...form the order form from the web site.. this is the reply I got from the owner..

Dear Sir,
Your order is deleted. Please don't send me any orders in future. We don't charge any cent.
Darek Szenfeld
owner of Jadar-Model

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 05:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

well a new twist to the order just came thur.. I simply asked for a total listing of My order.. so I could double check it...form the order form from the web site.. this is the reply I got from the owner..

Dear Sir,
Your order is deleted. Please don't send me any orders in future. We don't charge any cent.
Darek Szenfeld
owner of Jadar-Model

This is so wrong. I feel sorry for ya Rattler. and hope all things work out soon. I will personally not to order from them ever.

JPeiper
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 317 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 05:56 AM UTC
Well, that is too bad. Personally, I find that a terrible response. Companies like that will not stay in biz long.

I am sure that there are plenty of other companies out there who'd want your money.

PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 06:18 AM UTC
Rattler:
Depending on the product, check Roll models (www.rollmodels.com) they seem to have a pretty good selection of stuff from Europe but in Minnesota and always come through for me (though some times it takes a little while). For instace I got some Polish-Made 120mm figs that J-dar also stocked, I've never seen them anypalce else...

HTH, Good luck....

Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 06:21 AM UTC
Sorry to hear about that. Thanks for the warning though, I know I won't be doing business with them.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:00 AM UTC
I think the worst part about these horror stories is the total lack of communication from the companies or individuals selling the articles. I have ordered stuf online and some companies accept orders and then you have to chase them. Others keep you up to date with your order and tell you if there is any delay. I don't mind if there is a delay so long as I am informed about it, it is common curtesy and simple good business practice.
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:41 AM UTC
I couldnt agree more with you Brandydoguk. I'm very disappointed by this.. ..

PorkChop I will check with Roll an see if they can get the things I wanted.. thanks for that advise in trying with them...

anyways I'm going to the range to blow up stuff an blow off anger due to all this crap form that company.. laters dudes an Ladies
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 08:18 AM UTC
Wow!

You pushed their buttons!
You'll probably get banned from ML now too!!! (A sort of inside joke).

I am still waiting on my order from Platzdarm, and I know a lot of other folks are in the same boat. So my advice on that company is to wait until you hear back from us!!!!

Andy
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 09:35 AM UTC
You are shocked? I don't need trouble. And I see you are one big trouble.
Sincerely
Mr.Szenfeld

I faild to see the point on how I am trouble when I asked for a simple email of a list of everything they are sending Me. hell I spend 150 bucks with a company darn well better be able to give a detaild listing..

hell it ain't that hard
anyways I wont waste money with overseas companies anymore
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 06:09 PM UTC
I sure hope they had the intergity to send you your $150 back. They are obviously not aware of the axiom One unhappy customer is worth 100 pleased ones because the unhappy one is going to tell everyone he can about it. I'll certainly "Dixie Chick" them
Dmd
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 430 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 07:18 PM UTC
hi

i've ordered from a good person on this web :octupus (stephen lau ), while modes where such expensive over here, he was willing to trust me and send me what i want.

also goes my thanks out to SS- 74 (dave T) for sending me some extra parts

Normally i would never buy trough internet, i really do not trust such trades, but somethime's having good luck is where you would never expect it

i'm so sorry that we have evil folks around this net who have no honour

with kind regards

dmd
 _GOTOTOP