_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Kits from Hong Kong
T-55A
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 02:42 AM UTC
I bought a kit on e-bay from someone in Hong Kong and have lost contact with them....maybe from SARS........I don't know
Has any one had any trouble with kits from Hong Kong

Billy
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC
I've purchased a number of kits from Universal Models, and have had no trouble. The kit prices are good, the shipping is expensive (and slow), but everything has come through in the end.

Mika
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:22 AM UTC
I've bought several kits from people in HK, no prob. The only bad experience I had was one person, who said 'save on shipping with multiple orders', charged me the same shipping on both items. I got the package, it just cost me an arm and a leg. Takes about 2 weeks to get to you.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 04:08 AM UTC
I've seen some kits on offer on eBay from Hong Kong but the guy had some bad feedback so I gave them a miss. I was really tempted though as there were a lot of kits which are unavailable here. Funny thing about eBay is that some people pay over the odds for some kits that are readily available by ordering them mail order from reputable companies, and that's taking postage into account. I guess they get pulled into the "competition" element of eBay.
Stormin
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 232 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hi to all,
I received an email from a company called buy-models from a guy called Calvin through seeing me bid on an item on eBay. I looked up their site and stand to save over £30.00 on the Tamiya Dragon Wagon that is including getting it postage to the UK. Tamiyas Dragon Wagon costs £99.99 here + postage, they are offering it on their site at £60.73 including postage. Is it to good a bargain to be true or has anyone used them? Let me know as I ain't working and all the pennies count (me being a tight Scotsman LOL).
Cheers, Kenny.
Ent-Martcom
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:01 PM UTC
We are a new hongkong model seller also, www.ent-mart.com
advising you that, you should look at their feedback before buying on ebay
e.g. our feedback is
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=admire123

if you got any problem, just call the police in hongkong, i know they have a department specify to prevent internet business crimes.
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 11:30 PM UTC
I recently bought a couple of kits on e-bay from a guy in Croatia. Great kits and excellent packing. Methinks the most important thing is to buy from an eastern eurpoean country as prices are low as are similar Postage fees. This applied to sending to the UK. Would imagine N America may differ somewhat.
 _GOTOTOP