_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
LHS's in 'Vegas
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 - 04:43 AM UTC
Are there any good hobby shops in or around Las Vegas?
ScottS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 81 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 03:33 AM UTC
Well there is the "Glitter Gultch" in old part.
Keef1648
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 47 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 04:19 AM UTC
HobbyTownUSA has just opened a new store. >

5085 West Sahara, Suite 134
Las Vegas, NV 89146
(702) 889-9554
(702) 889-4045 fax

[email protected]

Keith.
treadhead1952
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 552 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 02:24 PM UTC
Hi Patrick,

The one on West Sahara as mentioned, I have used them for years. They have a small ship section as well as some PE and lots of general modeling supplies and tools. Right across the street (Decatur) due East is Hobby People, mostly cars, with a few armor kits and planes with a small selection of ship stuff. It is a bit smaller than the HTUSA. There is also another HTUSA located in Henderson you could check out. Also there is the RarePlanes shop there as well. It is only open on appointment and his prices are a bit dodgey for some things.

There are a couple of mail order only outlets here as well. The prices aren't bad but one of them is related to a forum site on the internet so I hesitate to mention them on here. The other one has an occassional sale that is worth checking out. Hope this helps.

I do most of my hobby shopping online with various dealers, better selection if you can deal without the instant gratification trip. Most places manage to get their products to you within ten days to two weeks, some even shorter. As far as PE bits, I find that dealing with the manufacturers online is the best way to go. Most brick and mortar places have a limited selection hereabouts.

Jay Massey
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
 _GOTOTOP