_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
AFV CLUB parts
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:08 PM UTC
Does anybody know where to order them from?
Have tried the AFV club site all I get is an error and says bad email comes back in two days as some Trojan virus

Have tired Rainbow ten which is a great place to order from,faster then some American sites
Thanks all.

I need 3 parts off of the Long tom or 8" howitzer and I don't need an extra kit as I have them both but when I moved back here my ex-girlfriend {and I say that with a held tongue } tossed my Built 8" in a box and the sight is missing on the side which I did not notice for months.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:31 PM UTC
There is no way to order AFV Club parts from them unless you are in Taiwan.

There is one friendly guy in Taiwan who can help you obtain any AFV Club parts. You can also get AFV Club and Hobby Fan products from him at very good prices. I ordered from him a few times and everything went fine.
His email address is [email protected]

He also sells at eBay: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmoon03tw

Pawel
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 03:56 AM UTC
I am in Canada, and I have ordered parts from the AFV Club/Hobby Fan website.

With me, I had a Revell Germany Scimitar kit (or was it a Scorpion), either way, the sprue with the turret was warped....no way to fix it, since it was an old RG kit I tried them first, which of course they said that it was OOP and they had no sprues of it left. Since the AFV kit was the same kit, I sent them an e-mail through the site, I got the same response back, saying my e-mail went no where, so I figured I was SOL.

About 3 weeks later in the mail is the sprue I asked for.

About a year later, I sent them a request for donations for our local hobby show, same thing happened, sent the mail through their site, got the usual reply that it didn't go through. About 3 weeks later, I received a box of 6 AFV Club kits for the show.

Now, on the flip side, I tried it again this year, and never got a response....so it could be that it is hit and miss.
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 04:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

so it could be that it is hit and miss.

Probably more miss than hit... Never had any luck contacting them directly. Also they may provide some free replacement parts services and marketing actions (like the donation you mentioned), but they almost certainly won't sell you any parts.

Pawel
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 01:34 PM UTC
I am with Pawel on this I emailed them about 3 times in the last 4 or so months and after 3 days comes back like a Virus have never received nothing other then that.

I will give your man in the Email a try Pawel and thanks.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:56 PM UTC
To bring this back and to say Mr Moon came thru for me.

So do not hesitate to ask him for parts.

Thanks
 _GOTOTOP