_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
How to glue Verlinden
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 11:13 PM UTC
I just got my first models from Verlinden (#1430 US Marines Vietnam War & # 298 Vietnamese Civilians/VC). I'm just wondering if I can glue these together with regular plastic model glue, or do I need a special kind? These are resign kits, right? Should I know anything before I start building these as far as prepping, etc.? Sorry, I'm new to the wide world of modeling and am taking it one step at a time. You're probably slapping your heads, but I gotta learn somehow.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 11:25 PM UTC
You must use superglue when working with resin. Ordinary plastic model cement will not work. Care must be taken when sanding the resin. The dust is harmful. Most people cut off the pour stubs with a razor saw, then use wet/dry sandpaper under running water to minimize dust particles in the air. Sand sparingly and test fit as you go. You do not want to sand off too much. If you do, some people use various thicknesses of superglue to fill in surface bubbles or gaps caused by over sanding.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 12:45 AM UTC
Sabot hit all the points.
Also just a word about the VP figuers. They tend to run on the large side, some say as much as 1/32 scale. So if you are planning a mix and match environment where you have Tamiya/Dragon/Warrior figures in with VP, put them together early to see if they will look ok.
My personal opinion is that people are all differen sizes and the size is not an issue. The problem really becomes one when you look at thier gear. An M1 rifle is the same size for a guy 5' 2" and for a guy 7' 8".
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 08:55 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys.
 _GOTOTOP