_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
iwata hp-c plus or high-line hp-ch
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 12:49 PM UTC
Just wanted to know what you guys think,what do you think would be more useful for doing detail work,and general work over all.Is the hi-line really worth spending a little more on.I think i cant go wrong on one or the other. Would like to hear from anyone who might have either on .
sgtkopp
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 103 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 01:14 PM UTC
I have a HP-C plus and am very happy with it. It allows me to do everything i might need to do.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
The HP-C+ will do down to a .5mm line and wide open covers pretty well. The Hi-line has the new air control on the brush and the same size needle so it will paint the same but is easier to fine tune for detail work. Get the Hi-line if you're going to be doing a lot of tight camo.
jekrott
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 03:43 PM UTC
thanks for the replies,thats just what i needed to know.I have been eyeing the hi-line for sometime now,and both i think would be a great investment for my modeling,now i just have to wait for the hi-line to be in stock.One more question how does the super-lube work is it also something i should get. Is it worth it?
SSGToms
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 07:26 AM UTC
Ed,
First, welcome to Armorama! I feel that this is the friendliest armor site on the web.
Yes, Super Lube is a must if you want your airbrush to love you back. Please read this thread on my airbrush maintenance steps and you'll never have a problem : https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/117700&page=1
If you are going to get 2 Iwatas, I suggest the Hi-Line and a Revolution CR. The CR has a .5mm needle and is better for larger coverage. Don't let the low price fool you - it's a top quality Iwata.
Are you ordering from Dixie Art? http://www.dixieart.com/ They are THE place to get airbrush stuff. Best prices on Iwata, too.
Lastly, if you want to learn in person everything you need to know about airbrushing, come to an AMPSCT meeting! Where in CT are you?
Best,
Matt
jekrott
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 02:50 PM UTC
I live on the shoreline,Clinton. And thanks for the help.
 _GOTOTOP