Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
our tax dollars
bigchef
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 28 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 - 07:53 PM UTC
last week i posted a comment in the wrong chat room so if you have already read this I'm sorry. I'm vary upset about the number of videos on you tube showing u s marines killing helpless dogs and cats in Iraq and having a real good time doing it. before anyone types back saying "well you don't understand the stress they have" I do I'm a vet U S army combat engineer I have been to Bosnia and Afghanistan. Don't get me wrong i support your guys 100% My point is if they spent more time fighting the war than killing helpless pets and wasting our money maybe they wouldn't be getting thare ass kind ever day
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 04:22 PM UTC
You cannot imagine how many animals are running loose there! That is the best and only way to control the population.
bigchef
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 28 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 06:57 PM UTC
the point is how much fun they seem to be haveing doin it, sick in the head
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 03:40 AM UTC
Bigchef,
Look brother.... being a combat vet you should know that bad stuff happens to good people, and good people do things they would not ordinarily do. Quit watching the Videos. You also have to remember most of those Marines are really young kids trying to cope the best they can in a bad situation. I have served now for 22 years, have been to combat twice, and three peacekeeping missions and one evacution mission in the philipines. The Soldiers I have lead and served beside have done alot of things I am very proud of and a few things that I hope God will have mercy on our souls. In my opinion you are making mountains out of mole hills.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bigchef,
Look brother.... being a combat vet you should know that bad stuff happens to good people, and good people do things they would not ordinarily do. Quit watching the Videos. You also have to remember most of those Marines are really young kids trying to cope the best they can in a bad situation. I have served now for 22 years, have been to combat twice, and three peacekeeping missions and one evacution mission in the philipines. The Soldiers I have lead and served beside have done alot of things I am very proud of and a few things that I hope God will have mercy on our souls. In my opinion you are making mountains out of mole hills.

Ditto
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 08:57 PM UTC
I really hope you guys are kidding here with some of the comments. It is not even a matter of tax dollars... It is just the fact that harmless cats and dogs are being killed. Surely I will get the tree hugger comment... Or the "old Europe" comment because that seems to be quite popular on the other side of the pond... And maybe it is old fashioned yes but killing cats and dogs is pretty much frowned upon here where I live.
I really like this reply

Quoted Text

You cannot imagine how many animals are running loose there! That is the best and only way to control the population.

So basically that is why they are shooting them. hmmmm Why did they rescue pretty much all the pets of New Orleans after the Katrina disaster... With your statement it was probably easier and a lot cheaper to simply shoot them. Why didn't they shoot the Katrina animals? Was that because New Orleans is in the US and it isn't considered normal behaviour there to shoot animals? or do the Animals in New Orleans not bark in Iraqi? There are a lot of old people too worldwide... old people are expensive... Should we start shooting them too? Sounds like a brilliant way to control the population. Or should we take care of them like any normal civilized thinking person would?

And yes then you have the stress situation. Surely being in a warzone is not the best place to be when you are a young teenager and they probably are coping the best they can either way. But I really hope not every US Marine out there is killing harmless creatures and I really hope only a few are doing it... Then you have a couple of sicko's who think it is a "really cool idea to film it and put it on Youtube" Probably not thinking about the fact that the whole world will see it. I bet the guys at Columbine Highschool and the Guy from Virginia Tech were also coping the best they could with their "shitty" situation but still everybody call them lunatics and idiots? Nobody talks lighthearted about that like" Oh they were tormented and taunted and teased and generally the whole world hated them anyway... they were only coping with it the best they could"

Surely you guys are doing a great job in Iraq and I'm not... and I repeat again not convicting the mission in Iraq not even the whole American Army or which armies are present there which are doing their job. It is just the handfull of morons who are killing harmless creatures. And with that the idiots who capture it with their camera's. If I would hear from Dutch soldiers shooting cats and Dogs I would loathe those idiots just as much. I wonder if the comments were just that lighthearted if somebody in your area started doing population control around your pets with a big gun. Point of the matter is when you start shooting cvats and dogs not matter where you come from not matter who you are or what you believe... you are just a sad idiot probably with a huge psychologic problem too.

tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 07:53 AM UTC
I was not kidding or being lighthearted or whatever about getting rid of the animals. Sorry but the animals are not harmless and carry rabies and are starving, so that WAS how they got rid of lots of them. That being said I have no idea how you could relate this to the Murders at Columbine or VA Tech. Just my opinion is all
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hmmmm Why did they rescue pretty much all the pets of New Orleans after the Katrina disaster...

I suspect that is very likely a myth.

You seem to be afflicted with the "Bambi syndrome", where you have an idealized of the world of animals taken from cartoons, etc. Rather reminds me of when I was younger and living with my mother and aunt and the then-young neighbor girl got upset when our cats hunted and caught birds, etc. Later on the neighbors got their own cats, who did the same thing. She came to realize that hunting is perfectly natural cat behavior.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:07 AM UTC
Current events topics are not allowed in the Spare Parts forum.

Thread locked.

Shaun