Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Cadet Officers back in High School/College
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 04:21 PM UTC
Hello patriots!

I'm not a soldier...So, I guess this is all I can tell you: "Is there anyone here who was a cadet officer back in High School/College?"

I was one...Back in High School...

I was a Cadet Lieutenant Colonel back then...

Even though we didn't go to real battlefields, or engage in any firefights, I loved the military discipline...

I just thought I'd tell you...

Thanks for hearing me out!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 03:45 AM UTC
Shonen Red here! How bout seeing your own partner? I was Col. back then. Weapons and Aviation is my specialty
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC
I was Battalion S-4, a Captain in ROTC for one semester and a Major, Operations Officer for the second my senior year of college. It was fun and a gret experience. The interesting part was that S-4 was a real job!! I actually ordered supplies and ran a supply room. It was great. Ops officer was in charge of running the training... schedules and all. It was great training as well.

I was actually a real major in the Army Reserves later in life...
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 07:31 PM UTC
Back in high schoool, I was the Wing Commander, and Shonen_Red was my deputy...

We used the Air Forces' system for our CAT-1 program...

I agree with ss-dragoon - it was fun...

But it was also burdened with responsibility...

We had fun training the cadets and watch them perform drills...

We loved to wear our uniforms too... It had our name plates on it...Just like the real thing....

Those were the memories...I loved those days...
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 07:38 PM UTC
I was the Battalion adjutant in high school. My friends still tease me about the funny walk I had to do everytime we have a formation

I was a Wing Staff Sergeant in college. Our Wing Commander was a tough muthah but we liked him anyway. I was transferred to the Corp Commander's Staff after that. It's fun being an NCO. You're not burdened with responsibility but your men will follow you to the point that the CO feels left out
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was the Battalion adjutant in high school. My friends still tease me about the funny walk I had to do everytime we have a formation

I was a Wing Staff Sergeant in college. Our Wing Commander was a tough muthah but we liked him anyway. I was transferred to the Corp Commander's Staff after that. It's fun being an NCO. You're not burdened with responsibility but your men will follow you to the point that the CO feels left out

Same here.... Even though were already graduates, some mates still call me "SIR"...

Yeah, I know that walk...That's the "trot-walk",right? I understand that you are the Adjutant, and you get to walk like that during reports, right? And being the Adjutant, you must be very skilled with the sword drills, right?

There are also some hard times,but still, I love it...It was fun training in military discipline...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Same here.... Even though were already graduates, some mates still call me "SIR"...

Yeah, I know that walk...That's the "trot-walk",right? I understand that you are the Adjutant, and you get to walk like that during reports, right? And being the Adjutant, you must be very skilled with the sword drills, right?

There are also some hard times,but still, I love it...It was fun training in military discipline...

Sometimes fun, sometimes not. The commandant always tell me not to give to much hardships to the COCC. I don't like the way he treat them. He treat them like Boy/Girl Scouts.

m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was Battalion S-4, The interesting part was that S-4 was a real job!! I actually ordered supplies and ran a supply room.
I was actually a real major in the Army Reserves later in life...

I had the S-4 gig in ROTC too. My biggest thing was to ensure that the supplies for the Rappeling excursion to West Point were laid on. The importance of this trip was it was a great recruiting event for our unit. I had to run the barbecue grill, making sure the burgers and dogs were just right...guys called me "Cookie" after that!
The training helped me as a Cavalry Executive Officer in the guard...without me and Top, the unit would not function.
IvanHoe
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
While not ROTC, I made it up to Lt. Colonel in the Civil Air Patrol (CAP). Great times!