_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
braille scale singapore
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2008 - 12:39 AM UTC
Hello Singapore,

I would like to know how many people on the singapore forum are armour/figure braille scalers. By braille scale I mean 1/72 or smaller (1/76, 1/144, etc)

Sonny
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 03:50 AM UTC
they're way too small for me...
but it might be worth the challenge to build one in the future.
storage might not be a problem though
kriegsketten
Vendor
ECHELON
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 03:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

they're way too small for me...
but it might be worth the challenge to build one in the future.
storage might not be a problem though

Hi guys,

Well, I've a couple Braille pieces hanging around - one Revell Tiger II built but unpainted, the rest just hanging around under very thick layers of prehistoric dust...

Frankly, Braille models can be built up to very respectable pieces, some fine examples i'm sure you've seen around. No doubt the master so far is that fanatic of a modeller by the name of Alex Clark whose work I've seen up-close at Euromil a few years back.

I guess it's a matter of taste - for me, all these years being sadistically seduced by the Tamiya and Italeri 1/35 range, and now recently being supported a phletoria of kit Manufacturers, I find it hard to go into the Braille scale. 1/35 is in my blood stream - if I donate my blood any receiving 1/72 modellers in the midst of the same blood type will have a very hard time accepting my pint's worth...

Tamiya has done a incredible job of their 1/35 range in the past that I'm afraid they will find me very much less supportive of their recent 1/48 range! Ironically, when I first heard of them going into 1/48 - I welcomed that idea whole-heartedly. And yet, after all this years I still do not have any 1/48 AFV kits in my hand. But I have a number of 1/48 warbirds!

The problem with finding 1/72 modellers locally can be explained. I'm pretty sure most of them are closet modellers, if you do come across any that is. One that I've chatted with a while back, build Braille models because he was into wargaming - and he builds in battalion strength... And I heard he cursed when Trumpeter first released the fully assembled and painted AS90s at so much cheaper! All that wasted effort...

So do you build for wargaming or strictly for modelling? Any super detailings or just out of the box?

Lawrence
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 05:01 AM UTC
Ah yes, hard to find braille modellers in singapore. I'm not into wargaming so i build for the detail. I've got a finished marder dio in the braille section of armorama and have ideas for a couple of dioramas to build in braille.
Would be good to get some collaboration done. As it takes me forever to finish a project.

hehehe
 _GOTOTOP