Back From NOREASTCON 2003
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 10:51 AM UTC
Here's the photos: (i'm still uploading them!!!)

NOREASTCON 2003
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:03 AM UTC
i was there saturday...kinda looked like a lost show..hardly any vendors..and not many models...did it get any better
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
HI

I have photos to process too.

I thought the show was OK. I got the new AFV Club M3A3 for a decent price, and there was lots of reference material to be had.

The figure and armor models were of varied standards. One extremely large dio of the Remagen bridge was cool. The figures were OK, vehicles good, and overall it was... BIG!!

Bob Collignon's groundwork seminar was good. Many of his techniques are similar to what Bob Tavis demo'd at a DFW meeting a while back, so I left after seeing some nifty tricks with foam!

There were some pissed off visitors when I left. How can you have a show advertised, then close the model area off for judging??

I know it's tough, but something has to be done, especially for folks driving a long way.

Cheers
Andy
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 03:19 AM UTC
i agree that dio...was the best thing there..i saw a couple of armor pieces that caught my eye..and everything else was pretty good...thought it lacked in the vendors section..and no swap shops there..i also picked up quiet a few eduards set..just gotta figure out what to do with em
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 293 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 03:33 AM UTC
I was there on Saturday also. This was the first modeling show I ever attended and as such I have some mixed feelings.

I thought the models looked pretty good, I just expected to see more of them. To tell the truth many of the models got me inspired. The vendor tables looked pretty good to me. There were more gooddies there than I had seen in my whole life and alot of stuff I never saw in a hobbyshop. I didn't like the fact that they closed the show area for judging either. I wanted to take another look on some of those models

In terms of purchases, I got me a DML T-34/85 and a bunch of aftermarket goodies for it. I also picked up a DML Mechanical Mule and some doo-dads that I will use to make a little diorama. Should be fun!

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
 _GOTOTOP